Max number of instances

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Max number of instances

Post by Fenz »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/81373439 ... ncing.html
To ensure stable and positive performance in raid and dungeon instances, an instance performance balancing feature was implemented which limits the total number of instances that can be created on a realm. Prior to this change, we were seeing serious issues in instances which greatly degraded instance performance, and in some cases, caused them to crash entirely.

This update instituted a load check that limited opening of additional instances. This will result in throttling of some instance creation where users receive the following message: "Additional instances could not be launched. Please, try again later." Ultimately, we felt that some wait time for players attempting to create a new instance was better than causing bad performance for all players in instances.

We are continually monitoring the realms affected by this, and use the data we gather to implement further optimisations. Our ultimate goal is to work toward the removal of the limit.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Max number of instances

Post by Lateralus »

Guess alot of guilds will start their raids alot earlier :<
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Horrible.

They know better - simple experience should've told them to handle such a thing with a queue.
Basic battlenet stuff from the Diablo 2 release days, for example.

Now the raidleader gets to hump the zone-in early on until an instance pops up otherwise you can't even begin clearing trash and maybe have the scrap to raid when people turn into bored/tired zombies?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Not sure if they do this on every server but we can have people holding an instance pretty early on raid days I think :)
manstrale
Boss lady

Post by manstrale »

Fenz wrote:Not sure if they do this on every server but we can have people holding an instance pretty early on raid days I think :)
Yes, I think thats a job for you Fenz, you could be the instance holder boy for the guild!!
Män är som köttfärs, hälften nöt och hälften svin
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

manstrale wrote:
Fenz wrote:Not sure if they do this on every server but we can have people holding an instance pretty early on raid days I think :)
Yes, I think thats a job for you Fenz, you could be the instance holder boy for the guild!!
Woman don't make me hurt you again! Meek is the boylock and therefor the placeholder!!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

whip him månstråle!1
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!