WARLOCKS

Chit chat
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I just read that next patch you wont be able to use Soullink on Enslaves anymore, so no more SL + Enslave + DS = win (for easy DME farming).
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:I just read that next patch you wont be able to use Soullink on Enslaves anymore, so no more SL + Enslave + DS = win (for easy DME farming).
didnt try that one so i dont care that much.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=11057
Drakedog5. :) Only at FileShack atm, so I haven't downloaded it yet, but will soon.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=11057
Drakedog5. :) Only at FileShack atm, so I haven't downloaded it yet, but will soon.
i thought he quitted wow? :o
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

MC shardbag rumor:

Core Felcloth Bag: 28 slots, BoE, epic. Pattern (blue, not BoP, 300 Tailoring) drops in the Molten Core. Mats: 20 Felcloth, 16 Core Leather, 8 Bloodvine, 4 Essence of Fire, 4 Ironweb Spider Silk.

It's fucking insane if it is true. Better have some sort of uber bonus on it then ;)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

xen wrote:http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=11057
Ok, I got it now. Impressions: he starts with the Prison Break intro tune. Already +10 points imo. :) Also, he has a mod that displays all his cooldowns on the right side of the screen. Kinda neat. That way I don't have to have all the skills with cooldowns on my screen at once.
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Still the same build?
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

He still has conflagrate yeah. But I got the impression he didn't have insta-corruption, so he might've changed to Destr/Demo. But I'm not really sure about that.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:He still has conflagrate yeah. But I got the impression he didn't have insta-corruption, so he might've changed to Destr/Demo. But I'm not really sure about that.
is it another seduce/bolt movie or is it actually good?
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:is it another seduce/bolt movie or is it actually good?
Are you implying you didn't like his earlier movies?! He is practically the one that invented Seduce/nuking! :shock:
(or at least showed it to the masses)
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Last time, wednesday I think, on the Vael fight, I was monitoring Damage Meters again, and I noticed I did alot more damage than the other warlocks. This seems very odd (at least for this fight :)), since the only thing we need to do is DPS like mad w/o getting aggro. Since mana isn't an issue, only a couple things matter: Bane and SM/DM/DS. Given that you all (at least Lateralus and Fenz) have better (= more dmg) equipment than I have, and DS gives you potentially +15% dmg vs +10% from SM, this shouldn't be the case at all. Of course you were using the imp, which accounts for 10%, but the gap was bigger than just that. The only thing I did was spam SB and corr/CoA when they were down (after waiting 10s aggro is a nonissue), I was wondering what could make the difference. Even the fact that I used CoA instead of CoR/CoS/CoE doesnt explain it all. Also, using FR or sta gear isn't really necessary, at least that was what it looked like wednesday.

Anyway, what do you do during this fight?
Jump in!
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

I had damagemeters on aswell and i saw that you did quite a bit more damage than us other locks (but then again you always do : ), and with me spamming shadowbolt/corruption (when not on) but casting CoR i can only guess that its SM and CoA (with amp curse???). Casting DC was something i didnt do from the start but thats only ~600 extra damage.

I think that its only me and xen that doesnet have any trinkets like ToEP/unstable so you other guys really should start to nuke abit more.

DS is really not an option before we have things under control imo, and the SL-locks cant use it because the pet will die to fast. Maybe possible to use with a felhunter but that does not benefit the other group members.

Dont know if my slow computer gives me any extra delay since my framerate is <<5fps during the whole encounter, spamming the bolt-button as fast as i can anyway :?

Anyway, tanking transfers is the issue here and not the dps.
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

OMG, didn't know it was a a race!1

I am focussing more on stamina then damage gear these days + no bane/ improved SB.

How would you suggest I nuke more Gupim (with my imp out for the tanks, placing the imp near tanks after the start, actually waiting till we can do damage, spamming SB and keeping a curse+corr on the Mob)?

When the fight goes on long enough the only people that should be in the top 10 are rogues, hunters and warriors anyway.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Well, first of all, my framerate is really terrible as well. I just face the wall not looking at anything. I have CTRaid up to see how the raid is faring. My only fear is that I might have too much lag to run away when I get BA. :)

I don't know if the Imp is really necessary though, except for MT group. I can provide that, since I don't care which pet I have out (although Gupim has a point that most other pets will die in seconds). Damage is really gradual so healing shouldn't be much of a problem. This is also why Gupim and I put on damage gear instead of FR gear. I assumed everyone had Bane, but I realize you and Lateralus both are specced 31/20. But using DS(Succy) might work quite well here.

BTW, I do know the main problem with completing the encounter succesfully lies with the MT transitions, but that does not stop us from doing everything we can as well, especially given that for once aggro and mana aren't a problem (yet).

We should check which of us have Amp Curse. It might be best to let those who have it do CoA, and let the others do CoA/CoE/CoR.
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

especially given that for once aggro and mana aren't a problem (yet).
Yesterday we wiped a few times on healing aggro 8)

I might respec to have Shadowburn again now that it has the 5 sec buff-thingy on it when 1.9 hits the streets. First have to check out the extra % on lifedrain. I think lifedrain hurts more in pvp since you also heal but Shadowburn is a more controlled burst.