WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

- Felguard Cleave: This ability will no longer strike any secondary target which is under the effect of crowd-control spells that break on taking damage. ie. Polymorph, Sap, etc.
Rejoice, alltho I just specced back to Destro.
Jewelcrafting
- A new jewelcrafting recipe has been added to transform many green quality gems into a single random blue quality gem. This recipe is available from grandmaster jewelcrafting trainers.
I will now prospect for eveyone again. I will just keep the green gems :lol:
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

WotLK: Possible warlock ability

Kalgan reveals a small piece of info regarding future warlock abilities in the expansion.

We definitely feel the need for warlocks to gain some sort of active defense so we don't have to try to balance them around the assumption that they're "tanking" melee classes. For example, an idea we're running with internally is the concept of a warlock being able to cast a spell that places a circle of demonic power on the ground. The warlock would be able to teleport to this location from within a relatively short range (ie: 40 yards), and would also be able to summon demons more quickly if they're standing within the circle.

Note: this idea is intended as a sneak peek, it's not something that we're planning for 2.4, it would be more likely as an expansion ability, and may change entirely before said time
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 6&sid=1#22
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Mages will get new abilities in the expansion too, believe it or not. In fact, we intend to tone down how strong of a counter warlocks are to mages through the wotlk spells/talents.
Oh nooo!!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 32&sid=1#6
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:

Kalgan reveals a small piece of info regarding future warlock abilities in the expansion.

We definitely feel the need for warlocks to gain some sort of active defense so we don't have to try to balance them around the assumption that they're "tanking" melee classes. For example, an idea we're running with internally is the concept of a warlock being able to cast a spell that places a circle of demonic power on the ground. The warlock would be able to teleport to this location from within a relatively short range (ie: 40 yards), and would also be able to summon demons more quickly if they're standing within the circle.

Note: this idea is intended as a sneak peek, it's not something that we're planning for 2.4, it would be more likely as an expansion ability, and may change entirely before said time

Wow i really like how that sounds :)
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:

Wow i really like how that sounds :)
It's about time after three years. :)
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I also felt like sharing this random forum gem:
Demonology FG is like taking the hottest girl you could imagin and snorting coke from her cleavage while chambering in a Dodge Viper retrofited with a great big gun on the side shooting old people.
And yes, I am post whoring (need to make up all that time I was away!), I'm only #12 atm..
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I just noticed a "bug" concerning SoC and the Darkmoon Card: Crusade. When SoC procs, it registers every target it causes damage to as a separate spellhit, so it stacks many charges at once. Nice way to quickly get to the maximum of ten charges. :)
(I noticed it when rewatching my imba Baron Rivendare kill)
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

xen wrote:I just noticed a "bug" concerning SoC and the Darkmoon Card: Crusade. When SoC procs, it registers every target it causes damage to as a separate spellhit, so it stacks many charges at once. Nice way to quickly get to the maximum of ten charges. :)
(I noticed it when rewatching my imba Baron Rivendare kill)
It's a feature!
Seimor
General
General

Spelllock whit felhunter

Post by Seimor »

Do anyone of u got a good macro for spelllock whit the felhunter? :P
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
Fenz
old man

Re: Spelllock whit felhunter

Post by Fenz »

Seimor wrote:Do anyone of u got a good macro for spelllock whit the felhunter? :P
Yes but I have it at home, ask me tonight.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Re: Spelllock whit felhunter

Post by Lateralus »

Seimor wrote:Do anyone of u got a good macro for spelllock whit the felhunter? :P
why do you need a macro for that? just bind the petkey to something easier. i have it on Q
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Sure you can bind it, but with a macro you can set a focus target and use the same macro so silence / charge / charm that target. Imba macro :)
Seimor
General
General

Post by Seimor »

was thinking of a focus spelllock macro ez mode ftw :P
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kingeling wrote:Sure you can bind it, but with a macro you can set a focus target and use the same macro so silence / charge / charm that target. Imba macro :)
Give yours then, geez!1 I think mine does the same as Late.