WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Ok, thanks alot! Gonna try that build late.
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

yeah demonic resilience isnt that really needed, only needed in arena imo.
Reduces damage on the pet by 15% tho.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
yeah demonic resilience isnt that really needed, only needed in arena imo.
Reduces damage on the pet by 15% tho.
good point.

maybe take demonic resilience instead of the inc crit talent then since what i pasted is NOT in any way at all not even the slightest a crit build :p

maybe like this then
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IqMMV0fZbxczIizMesk

took improved drain soul ONLY because u get so much mana back when u kill a mob, just use a soulshard addon that removes all soulshards when your chosen bag is full and u have IMBA mana regen and can go on for ever. i put 2 points in mana feed also due to crit isnt that good in this build, your pet gets crit also tho so its a matter of personal preference id say ^^

i like these drainbuilds like hell and i would use it myself in arena if it wasnt for the lack of burst
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Yeah, tried the first build but it felt like the demon took a bit to much damage. Gonna try the second one. :)
And yeah, i love imp Drain Soul. :>

Edit: Oh, god, it's starting. Respec addiction. :p
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Jhorar wrote: Edit: Oh, god, it's starting. Respec addiction. :p
welcome to the club!!!!!!!!

personally im pending between these 2 builds atm

affli PVE
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IAMrVRfzqtboZxx0tM

demo PVP (read: arena!)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IyZbxczIizzesdxx0z
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
buzz wrote: Well, i'm basically stuck deciding between 30/21/10, 5/41/15 and 0/40/21. Problem is that first two don't have destro reach, which is crucial because of threat reduction. Seems to me that 0/40/21 would overall be best of the above, since its very similar to DS/SNF, though needing to have succi out might prove annoying to hell.

In any case ill try it today in TK/SSC, for MH/BT ill prolly go felguard or hybrid.
buzz wrote: So far i've used and compared 0/40/21 and classic felguard spec in TK and MH, first one proving to be a huge waste of time. Felguard wasn't THAT bad tho, thats why im gonna try it in BT today to see on how many fights it is viable.

On a sidenote, have any of the felguard using locks notice an incredible miss rate on 2nd MH boss anytime? I mean it did 8k damage in a whole fight, 69% of swings being missed, a large percent being dodged aswell... is it a known bug or did i do something extremly noobish an i don't realise it.
buzz wrote:The fact succubusses survival is complete shit is more than enough for it to lose viability.
Ruin itself isn't that high of a damage boost, 10% that MD succi gives is much better, shame she doesnt stay alive long enough for one to benefit from it. As i said, did only TK with succi, and she is worthless at most trash(los doesnt work). If i managed to lose her multiple times on alar and solarian, imagine how fun it would be on najentus or illidan.
If one manages to lose felguard(way way tougher than the bitch), succi is like 10 times more likely to die on a given fight.

Bottom line is, even if these specs are decent on some encounters, they are not good for all situations, and thats what a lock aiming for progression needs. I dont care much about spec thats good on 50 or 6o or 80 percent of bosses, i need a spec that OWNS on all of them. This is what UA specs and ds/snf offer and other simply dont.

Oh, and also... even in p1 Alar where she didnt die once, i was totally buffed and flasked with perfect group, i still got outdamaged by Jinxarn in DS/SNF by a LOT, in the end of the fight difference was 250k...
EVEN hypothetically if succi was phase shifted it would still suck more than DS/SNF...

Ill talk about it in more detail later, but for me one of conclusions is that 0/40/21 with succi is worst shit ever.
buzz wrote:We dont use WWS, and Clinkz wasnt in the raid, tho me and Jinxarn compared recount data and in the end only final damage meter listings count.

On Rage we were pretty close on damage, i was sustaining around 1400 dps in perfect conditions with no iceblocks, tho i usually do over 1800 there easy with my DS/SNF spec.
On other bosses dps was WAY lower, on last 2 couldnt even use the damn pet cuz of the enviro damage. Gonna have more thorough comparisment in BT, cant wait for Teron.
buzz wrote:Trezh, article is gonna be finished this weekend.

Hakusi, the latter.
just saving some stuff he said
more to come :p
Still didnt get around to finish the thingy, pretty busy with work atm, but promise will do it asap.

To respond to Armaniac, i have used solarian trinket, but not the 2 T5 bonus. There is no way in hell a warlock should gimp himself for that spec, especially if one has 4 T6 bonus. Absolutly no pet can outweigh aditional SB modifier. Also i compared Hyjal and BT results of last week with this weeks 2.3 cast mechanics etc. Same groups, same curse duties, 400 dps difference. 400....... Tho more details are coming when i finish the report, testing hasnt convinced me, raid leader or anyone else that these specs are even near to usefull. Maybe on lower gear level yes, but deffo not on BT/Hyjal level in T6.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Still didnt get around to finish the thingy, pretty busy with work atm, but promise will do it asap.

To respond to Armaniac, i have used solarian trinket, but not the 2 T5 bonus. There is no way in hell a warlock should gimp himself for that spec, especially if one has 4 T6 bonus. Absolutly no pet can outweigh aditional incinerate modifier. Also i compared Hyjal and BT results of last week with this weeks 2.3 cast mechanics etc. Same groups, same curse duties, 400 dps difference. 400....... Tho more details are coming when i finish the report, testing hasnt convinced me, raid leader or anyone else that these specs are even near to usefull. Maybe on lower gear level yes, but deffo not on BT/Hyjal level in T6.
fixed
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Im going crazy by even thinking about an affliction build without dark pact, im sorry to say but its just stupid imo ^^ (coex is also nice on encounters like vashj for example)

i would have done it like this, for pure PVE http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Im going crazy by even thinking about an affliction build without dark pact, im sorry to say but its just stupid imo ^^
Yeah you really run out of mana with an affliction build :roll:

Also it isn't purely for pve, it's for me!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Im going crazy by even thinking about an affliction build without dark pact, im sorry to say but its just stupid imo ^^
Yeah you really run out of mana with an affliction build :roll:

Also it isn't purely for pve, it's for me!
well u need less heals, so you are telling me that the talent is worthless raidwise? :o
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote: Also it isn't purely for pve, it's for me!
Yeah it is a fenz design for sure :)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

i would have done it like this, for pure PVE http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000
I am SOO gonna check if you do this for our raids now! Muhaha.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
I am SOO gonna check if you do this for our raids now! Muhaha.
well i DO respec for raids only (not all of them but most) so sure go ahead :)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Leiah ( Lock from the US and usually well informed) is saying thet with patch 2.4 (or maybe later) the FG will get a resilience buff based on the owners resilience.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 9&sid=1#35