psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Enhancement buffs incoming?

Late in April this year I went "apeshit" and deliver another three page essay in the Suggestions forum on wow-europe.
Most of my issues focused on Enhancement, since I play that tree since even before I hit 70.

Highlights of the essay were PvP coping and generic scaling issues like scaling shocks and healing.
BlizzCon seem to have revealed some interesting tidbits on Enhancement - hopefully it'll arrive sooner rather then at the next expansion!

Shamanistic Rage
Reduces all damage taken by 30% and gives your successful melee attacks a chance to regenerate mana equal to 15% of your attack power. Lasts 30 sec.

Shamanistic Focus (replaces 2H Maces/Axes talent, seems to last 12 sec)
After landing a melee critical strike, you enter a Focused state. The Focused state reduces the mana cost of your next Shock spell by 60%.

Metal Quickness
Reduces the mana cost of your instant cast spells by 6% and increases your spell damage and healing by an amount equal to 30% of your attack power.

Shamanistic Rage will essentially boost the physical resistance of an enhancement shaman from ~34% when dual wielding to 64% - a little bit more then a Protection Tank with shield in Battle Stance.
It's dispellable now, so I assume it will be then as well.

Shamanistic Focus combined with the other changes will essentially allow the Shaman to have a full burn shock DPS rotation going on indefinately (unless required to offheal people).
I go out of mana really really fast on Vashj if I am to dispel poisons in the inner part of that encounter.

Mental Quickness will allow damage and healing to scale half as efficiently, from an item point budget point of view, from attack power then if you were to wear healing gear. Very impressive.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Spirit Weapons, enhancement talent, seems to reduce threat by 20% instead of the current 15% - this brings Shaman on par with Warriors in physical threat reduction but they'll still be far ahead in threat simply because of the magical damaging capabilities that aren't reduced in threat.

Elemental Focus seems to be reworked again - after a damage spell crit, your next 2 offensive spells cost 40% less mana.
Quite interesting since most elemental shaman in raids are at or even beyond 40% critrate, making this type of focus being up nearly all of the time.
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

It seems they accually looked at some of the forum suggestions.
shamans never were a mana effecient class but with encouters lasting over 20 minutes i guess they needed to do something, this sounds like a viable solution.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

sneek wrote:Spirit Weapons, enhancement talent, seems to reduce threat by 20% instead of the current 15% - this brings Shaman on par with Warriors in physical threat reduction but they'll still be far ahead in threat simply because of the magical damaging capabilities that aren't reduced in threat.
Actually, we'll still be 10% behind. On average I do about 50-55% white dmg. So there is still 50-45% dmg that does not have reduced thread.

The 15% (tobe 20%) will only give reduced threat for white attacks.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

nooooooooooooo its the spak sneek ban him now you still can :twisted: :twisted:
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

Blahran wrote:nooooooooooooo its the spak sneek ban him now you still can :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: I'm master of the 5vs5 team, watch your words
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Spakianor wrote:The 15% (tobe 20%) will only give reduced threat for white attacks.
Yeah that's what I've read in a lot of threads on the official WoW forums, but I don't believe it's implemented that way.
What I believe is that the talent affects all the physical attacks we do; not just the raw autoattack.
So it affects not only autoattack, but also the "Windfury Attack" and any "Stormstrike" hit.
It doesn't affect shocks though - and that's really bad design IMO.

Haven't found anything on EJs to prove otherwise.
To be honest though, with proper blessings and not doing silly things when a tank's just starting to build threat, I've found this to be a non-issue for Enhancement.
Aside from Void Reaver, obviously.
Spakianor
Scout
Scout

Post by Spakianor »

Just tested it again.
Killing a mob without weapon buffs and SS gave me 84.99% threat per dmg.

With 2xWF and ss it gave me 92% threat per dmg.
So, the talent doesn't work on WF and SS, or KTM is way off.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

KTM is a user made mod though, a real empirical test takes an accurate damage meter and sees where and how you pull aggro, requires a lot of time of at least two individuals and multiple respecs for both the "tank" and the shaman to figure it out.

Dug around a little more and found these two as a lead to where this might come from.
http://elitistjerks.com/423521-post665.html
http://elitistjerks.com/424137-post677.html

Simple threat test as well that, tediously long though.
Seimor
General
General

Post by Seimor »

Sneek how does the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30621 work btw?
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

I dunno. I use it on heroics mostly :P
Can't see it being really effective though, not even for melee.

Not sure if the wowhead.com comments are accurate, but if the threat reduction for every single spell critical strike is indeed 1000, then it's godly for elemental, not so good for enhancement though.
Did some quick napkip math and came on out an equivalent of 5% passive threat reduction if you figure a 40% critical melee strike rate, which is quite hard to acquire, raidbuffed.
Excluding lucky procs like Mongoose, obviously.
Seimor
General
General

Post by Seimor »

Thougt it was a godly trinket for melee (ench shamans/furywarriors/rogues) The key for fury warriors to do alot more dmg before grabing aggro.. But guess i was wrong :S
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Well it's really hard for me to figure out if it has any effect.
I guess with a good tank and salvation you don't need it at all.

Maybe it'll change after 2.3 when Shaman can spam shocks all the time?
I am capable of riding the KTM threat limit for the MT on Morogrim a bit too close for comfort.

Not sure if my math's accurate too :P