WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

hoping HIGHLY that i can start participate in pve from this wed and forth. so working on a straight affliction pve build atm,, straight pve since i will need to respec every raid anyways :D

just doublechecking here what stones u have AGAIN!! its mostly meek/djawa/reinv im worrying about. i know fenz have 2/2

so if i should go 1/2 or 0/2

the build im planning to go looks something like this>>

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NEMb0RftqtcocZxx0z

alternative build>

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NyMbbRfkqtcocZxx0pM

give and take ( i know its not finished :) )
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Meek has 0/2, Djawa has 2/2 last time I raided with him.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Meek has 0/2, Djawa has 2/2 last time I raided with him.
feels like 1/2 is the most beneficial.. to bad since i liked the 2nd build best :)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I see you found THE Demo raiding lock. Imba write up on demo in raids he made.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
I see you found THE Demo raiding lock. Imba write up on demo in raids he made.
yes very nice. maybe even copy paste it if it disappears?
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

I can confirm i'm still 2/2 :)

<3 felguard
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

From Curse:
Forum Poster wrote:

Tom Chilton basically said, it's OK warlocks are OP in 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3, as long as they aren't over represented in 5v5, we have no plans of fixing them.

Kalgan's Response wrote:

You're welcome to your own interpretation, but I believe what I'm getting at is more like...

- Warlocks are very strong in 1v1, but not only do we not try to claim wow will be balanced for 1v1 pvp (even though in a perfect world I'd love to have 1v1 balance be as close as we can reasonably get it), it's also the case that almost any 1v1 scenario that isn't just a duel is heavily influenced by the conditions under which the 1v1 happens (ie: one character low on health or mana, already used important cooldowns, etc).

- 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, and up (including battlegrounds, instances, raids, etc) are all important, but it's tricky to affect one where balance is off without screwing up another where the balance is acceptable. One example being where warlocks are very strong in 1v1 or 2v2, yet aren't over-represented in 3v3 or 5v5.

Forum Poster wrote:

Tom Chilton said Warlocks are "supposed to be the most powerful class in duels and 1v1 pvp

Kalgan's Response wrote:

Are you sure I personally said "supposed to", or are words being put into my mouth? I may be wrong, seeing as though I haven't watched the videos myself, but I really don't think I used the words "supposed to".

Forum Poster wrote:

Last but not least, Tom Chilton said "I tried the "HUTER THING", and just couldn't do it." This is solid evidence that the lead designers don't play the hunter class at all and has no idea how the core mechanism of the class is flawed and has no plans to look into it. Frankly this is a huge insult to the hunter class, even Blizzard lead designers think the class is a joke.

Kalgan's Response wrote:

Again, I'm pretty sure you're claiming I said something I didn't even say. If I recall correctly, one of our item designers may have said something to that effect, but again, unless my memory is way off on this I never made the statement you're claiming I made.

Also, with regard to "my daughter" playing a warlock, I think one of the players in this thread is confusing me with someone else. I certainly don't have a daughter that plays a warlock. So again, more fun with people attributing things to me that aren't even accurate (along with quite a few other random tidbits of misinformation in this thread). Gogo internet!
unex
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by unex »

Fenz wrote:From Curse:

Last but not least, Tom Chilton said "I tried the "HUTER THING", and just couldn't do it." This is solid evidence that the lead designers don't play the hunter class at all and has no idea how the core mechanism of the class is flawed and has no plans to look into it. Frankly this is a huge insult to the hunter class, even Blizzard lead designers think the class is a joke.
That says enough doesnt it?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

unex wrote:
Fenz wrote:From Curse:

That says enough doesnt it?
Not really, since he never said that.
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Well I dont know about you guys, but I'm not that overpowererd in 1-1.
ofc this is due to my pvp skillz, but i dont think warlocks have a default win.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kingeling wrote:Well I dont know about you guys, but I'm not that overpowererd in 1-1.
Buffed in pvp gear and with a hs I am very hard to beat 1 vs 1.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Kingeling wrote:Well I dont know about you guys, but I'm not that overpowererd in 1-1.
Buffed in pvp gear and with a hs I am very hard to beat 1 vs 1.
only thing hard is a well eq rogue with mad skills
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Rogues are the problem mostly indeed, they interrupt SO much you cant even use a HS (again, I cant seem to do that:)
Most encounters I have is during farming with DC on CD and not allways a HS.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kingeling wrote:Rogues are the problem mostly indeed, they interrupt SO much you cant even use a HS (again, I cant seem to do that:)
Most encounters I have is during farming with DC on CD and not allways a HS.
Wait till there cloak of shadows is gone then dc, usually it is game over then for the rogue 8)