Service Pack 1

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Ithelia wrote:
Phil wrote:Hint: buy the freakin retail Windows version... lots of problems solved :wink:
Yeah, 1500kr/150 euro for something you can get for free. In worse case I'll just end up buying a soundcard for 20 euro ;), but rather fix this in some way.
OEM versions are a lot cheaper and can only be bought together with a new computer (In Holland anyway) and you didn't do this why??!!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Erazel
Scout
Scout

Post by Erazel »

update.micrsoft.com should work. SP2 is free and if I rember correctly you will not get any annoying messages about genuine windows if you only install SP2.

But then again it was a few years since I last installed SP2 so I might be wrong :)
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

Erazel wrote:update.micrsoft.com should work. SP2 is free and if I rember correctly you will not get any annoying messages about genuine windows if you only install SP2.

But then again it was a few years since I last installed SP2 so I might be wrong :)
You can dl anything from there without the genuine advantage installation so no it won't work.

Also Ithelia, buying a new soundcard probably won't work since most recent drivers require SP2. Advice to you is buy an original, it's so much easier. Chances are you'll never get that functioning 100%
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Do what nezguhl said :|

Still running pirated copy here with sp2 integrated.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Yep only solution seems to be to install a new windows xp version and since I'm no high guy on that I will buy a new legit windows tomorrow. Oww man it sucks bigtime, and it will to reinstall and patch up wow again (6 hours of idling :|).

Edit: Also noticed that this version of XP only allows 125 of 250 gb harddrive be used, service pack 2 once again could fix that :P
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

personally i wish i had original xp pro
would have saved me alot of anger back in the days :)
Akaza
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Akaza »

Ithelia wrote:Yep only solution seems to be to install a new windows xp version and since I'm no high guy on that I will buy a new legit windows tomorrow. Oww man it sucks bigtime, and it will to reinstall and patch up wow again (6 hours of idling :|).

Edit: Also noticed that this version of XP only allows 125 of 250 gb harddrive be used, service pack 2 once again could fix that :P
Browse a bit for it though, shouldn't be that expensive. I think in DK the price is around 6-700 kr for an OEM version (meaning you'll probably have to buy a piece of hardware like a mouse for 20 kr :P ). Well worth it imo, but then again I have an unlimited site license to MSDN, so I can just dl it from MS' homepage, so I wouldn't know anything about paying :D
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Ok then, bought a legit XP, running smoothly everything, vent working. Just installing wow then we're good to go!

Marco#1117
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Ithelia wrote:Ok then, bought a legit XP, running smoothly everything, vent working. Just installing wow then we're good to go!
/pat
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Fenz wrote:
Ithelia wrote:Ok then, bought a legit XP, running smoothly everything, vent working. Just installing wow then we're good to go!
/pat
Stop postfarming during raidtime!

Marco#1117
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Ithelia wrote:
Fenz wrote:
/pat
Stop postfarming during raidtime!
know this about me and fenz
we are top level ages ago so we dont have anything to farm for
and therfor it cant be called farming, only flaming

agrabush
General
General

Post by agrabush »

you can get sp2 without having genuine windows from SP2 for IT pro's

this microsoft link is for people who need to install it on loads of systems, so no checking, just direct download..
PWN!
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

agrabush wrote:you can get sp2 without having genuine windows from SP2 for IT pro's

this microsoft link is for people who need to install it on loads of systems, so no checking, just direct download..
Already bought Legit xp! Please lock thread before I start feeling even more bad please!

Marco#1117