Age of Conan stuff!11

Chit chat
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

Sneek, nobody really wants an adult game, just an adolescent one with 18+ rating. :wink: But thats one low-res nipple texture...and the belly button is too low.

Animations in wow are very cartoony and exagerated, and are the one of the best i've seen tbh, they are 100% hand animated, without motion capturing, to achieve this cartoony, fluid and exagerrated look. But combat animations are lacking in any race xcept nelfs and belf males. And even i fthey werent, theres 3 attack animations for the different weapon types (one handed long, daggers, 2 handed, polearms/staffs) 2 regular attacks and one (!) for "yellow" attacks, which gets boring pretty fast tbh.

On the other hand, AoC has realistic motion captured animations, without that much character, but convincing nevertheless (at least they look convincing to me). Also Aoc has combos. And also blood. And mutilations. And tits. And if other aspects of the game do not fail big time it will be something really nice.

I really dont think that making one start zone for all is a good idea tho. Even though all my chars are leveled in durotar, i know a lot of ppl who cant stand to lvl an alt through a zone they've already done.

P.S.
I dont see anyone mentioning that wow launched without battlegrounds...and after that for a long time you had to sign at the battleground gate and wait for long long hours. Wonder why ppl forget stuff like that...
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Free beta keys:

http://conanvault.ign.com/

Don't have to be a paying customer at FP.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

got key, registered acc, dl-ing client...:) finally a chance to see if its worth it
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Got an npc telling me that she was wet between her thighs in anticipation of my return o.0 Also encountered my first topless NPC :lol:
Betdel
General
General

Post by Betdel »

Sounds like it's made by children, selling it other children. :?
We need Snarky posts from Sneek on EJ:s
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Betdel wrote:Sounds like it's made by children, selling it other children. :?
You never a Conan movie did you?
Betdel
General
General

Post by Betdel »

I saw Conan yes. Never liked them though
We need Snarky posts from Sneek on EJ:s
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Mortleg wrote:got key, registered acc, dl-ing client...:) finally a chance to see if its worth it
is it general beta or what? I have the general beta client and cant login
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

dling from slowplanet only takes about 24 hours at current speed of around 100k/s:|
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

RAWR

TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

can someone tell me the name of the ifle you're downloading from FP ?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

AgeOfConan_FilePlanet.zip

Only saw 2 torrent hosting that one both at a blistering speed of 10k/sec :P

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

the 13 gig file is now posted in newsgroup a.b.games search for conan on binsearch

http://www.binsearch.info/?q=conan&max= ... =7&server=

hurray for newsgroups and downloading at max speed from your own isp :P
800k/sec ftw
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

You are trying this game right fenz? How do u like it?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:You are trying this game right fenz? How do u like it?
Pro's:

* The melee fight system. I never played much melee but the system feels like you are more involved then in previous MMORP's. Combo's sometimes need you to press up to 5 buttons to execute them.

* Casters get spellweaving wich is supposed to do sick damage but the higher the damage the higher the risk of killing yourself. This will only be available in retail.

* My necro has pet points. I can either summon 4 melee pets or 2 casters atm. Pets can lifesteal/decrease stamina etc etc. But like the Lock in the start of WoW they are the weakest class atm. They are getting better every patch. There is a fine line between balancing a petclass and making him overpowered

* Every class gets a hiding skill. In theory you can hide as well as an assasin but you need to put points in skills like mana attractor and one so that you won't get interupted ( a lot) while casting.

* Looks great.

Cons

* A lot of loading screens. When the system works ok they only last a few sec so it's isn't too annoying.

* Engine is unstable atm. Weird thing is that some people can play for days without a crash and others crash every 5 minutes. Funcom is putting out builds like crazy trying to get this fixed.

* High level content, not sure if it is there yet.

* Pet attack can't be bound to a key or hotbarslot. I have no doubt this will change since everyone screams for it :)

* UI is very basic, I am spoiled by WoW in that regard.

----

What holds my interest is the things that are to come like siege warfare, frontiers with ffa PvP, mounted combat, guild owned cities/keeps etc. I think this can be an incredible game but we need to give it time. I will at least give it that time at least until WAR 8)

Lot's of previews are popping up:

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/con ... plate=main