WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

The most annoying about this whole thing is that we can play 10 times better and outplay them like f*ck but they still win.

Lookie lol my mates, A warlock
Glue yerself to him till he drops lol

Yay

Tho so far in 3v3 with 2100 rating with the rogue/paladin/warlock setup we manage to beat most druid/melee/melee setups by putting rouge+dots on the druid while i in the same time dot up the warrior fully.

enha shaman/warrior/healer is the worst tho.. it hurts sooooooo damn much on my clothie pants
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Lateralus wrote:The most annoying about this whole thing is that we can play 10 times better and outplay them like f*ck but they still win.

Lookie lol my mates, A warlock
Glue yerself to him till he drops lol

Yay

Tho so far in 3v3 with 2100 rating with the rogue/paladin/warlock setup we manage to beat most druid/melee/melee setups by putting rouge+dots on the druid while i in the same time dot up the warrior fully.

enha shaman/warrior/healer is the worst tho.. it hurts sooooooo damn much on my clothie pants
you get outplayed the same way paladin/warrior and shaman/warrior are getting outplayed by warlock 2 dps teams in 2v2 :)

But you are right about the zerg its dumb
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

rouge+dots
:?
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
rouge+dots
the rogue goes for the target
and i dot up the target as well
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:
rouge+dots
Think he wonders why you wanna make that druid look so pretty with all that make-up! :lol:
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Schneel wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:
rouge+dots
Think he wonders why you wanna make that druid look so pretty with all that make-up! :lol:
Indeed José!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Schneel wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:
rouge+dots
Indeed José!
haha aha, well all druids are scum and deserve to die ingame!!11
except dedragan, he is cute
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

TheWarriorKing wrote:Warlocks need a massive buff in large scale pvp imo.That being said,curse of tongues and their "1v1 durability"needs to be nerfed to shit,to the point I'm thinking cot should be unsuable on pvp,because it is game breaking.
You do realize Mortal Strike nerfs healing more than CoT? :?
(and of course is undispellable)
Jump in!
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

xen wrote:
TheWarriorKing wrote:Warlocks need a massive buff in large scale pvp imo.That being said,curse of tongues and their "1v1 durability"needs to be nerfed to shit,to the point I'm thinking cot should be unsuable on pvp,because it is game breaking.
You do realize Mortal Strike nerfs healing more than CoT? :?
(and of course is undispellable)
Same crappy arguement.

CoT disables shamans and paladins far more than MS does.Explanation?With MS you can heal normally,just for 50% efficiency.

CoT increases the time needed to heal by a great mount,making it ridiculously easy to lock down.

For example if your MS'd Ally is dying,you can swiftheal him in 1.5 sec to get his health up

If you have cot on you ,the warlock can fear you _after_ you started casting your flash heal and finish the fear _before_ the heal is over,making it litterally IMPOSSIBLE to land a heal coupled with all the interrupts the enemy team might have.

CoT a healer and you "healing debuff" his whole team,whereas you have to MS the targets "to be dps'd" one by one.And after all,mortal strike costs 1/3 of a rage bar(I need 3 non crit swings for that,ON CLOTH) has 6 sec cd and is outrangeable ,while cot can be mindlessly spammed with no CD.

And with all seriousness (I'm also posting my views on the lock forum lately) if you guys can't admin you've got it ridiculously easy vs Sham/pal(half the healers,fyi) you just deserve to get cleaved to death.

I play with warlocks in 3v3 and 5v5 on both my characters and know how it is to be a warlock.Do you(and priests,mages,all clothwhines in general) know how nice it is to make half of the healer classes almost extinct in TWO out of the THEE brackets? Obviously not.

I rest my case.Buff Cot.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Bullshit, you can get rid of CoT, how do you get rid of MS? Right...

Also stop making absurd statements like CoT being overpowered in the arena and that locks have no idea about that. Warlocks do not win arena matches because they have CoT. It's rather hard to cast it when you are dead.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

TheWarriorKing wrote:And with all seriousness (I'm also posting my views on the lock forum lately) if you guys can't admin you've got it ridiculously easy vs Sham/pal(half the healers,fyi) you just deserve to get cleaved to death.
We have it easy vs Sham/pal(half the healers) ? How do you mean? In 1v1? If you mean 1v1 i would agree but i doubt you do. So you think that if im up against any of those kinds of healers in arena ill have an rediculously easy time winning? For instance vs Shaman / warrior as druid/warlock.. if i put cot on the shaman is that just a pure autowin? If u didnt mean this, feel free to elaborate.
TheWarriorKing wrote:I play with warlocks in 3v3 and 5v5 on both my characters and know how it is to be a warlock.Do you(and priests,mages,all clothwhines in general) know how nice it is to make half of the healer classes almost extinct in TWO out of the THEE brackets? Obviously not.
Almost extinct? I beg to differ..
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Fenz wrote:Bullshit, you can get rid of CoT, how do you get rid of MS? Right...
Sheep/fear(despite popular belief ,fear does work on us)/root/cyclone/stun/whatever the warrior.

Warrior is built around group pvp,as blizzard said.For years we have been horrible 1v1,but now it's time for a change right?

Besides all melee classes have something.Rogue has more powerful snare,wound poison,more stable damage,goes through priest shields,invulnerable to damage burst,cc,very close to unkitable,hard to cc(this one is a result many things,1 second global cooldowns included),500 interrupts enough to keep a paladin from healing for the rest of his days.

Enhancement shamans have support(totems/bl) purge (since unlike other mana users they dont blow gcds on dpsing) and good damage.

Paladins have dispels and blessings(bop bof bos),the best burst ,crowd control and immunity to damage bursts(although unlike the other 3 can be drained)

Being hybrids the latter 2 are "underdogs" and appear only in support/burst damage roles,but that's what they should be doing anyway.

And then we have the hunter who is physical dps but not melee,has a quite hard to apply healing debuff ,very easy to drink,drains,uncounterable huge aoe slow,better damage than warrior and rogue,get's los'd and destroys mages.

Everything has + and -.For example warriors are really really bad vs mages ,and rogues shine vs warlocks.Warriors synergize good with tons of support and suck when they lack it.

I think the whole pvp situation is balanced except from a few little stuff.For example warlocks shouldnt go down like that from mass melee.Rogues should not be able to perform good everywhere(1healer1dps in 2v2,3dps or 2 dps 1 healer 3v3,4dps and 3 dps in 5v5) ,mages should not be that good vs warriors and not that bad vs hunters,shamans and paladins healers should get buff a lot and after this buff warrios might need a nerf.

The whole deal with warriors is that they rely on the healer.For example now druids have started to go down(the nerfs were quite important after all,the druids are already dropping).With them,warriors will go down,for granted.When the other healers get buffed,we'll see.

If you nerf the warrior,your nerf the shaman and you nerf the paladin.These 3 classes are related very very tighly to each other,and one playing this game for long should be able to see it.

Oh,and the classes that get hurt from CoT cant remove it on their own,so you are already talking 5vs5 mostly here(there are very few exceptions),which is a whole other story from 2v2/3v3.You can't play 5s without healing debuff anyway,unless you are playing a "4casters with bl-zerg-warrior-with skill" setup
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

TheWarriorKing wrote:
Fenz wrote:Bullshit, you can get rid of CoT, how do you get rid of MS? Right...
Sheep/fear(despite popular belief ,fear does work on us)/root/cyclone/stun/whatever the warrior.

Warrior is built around group pvp,as blizzard said.For years we have been horrible 1v1,but now it's time for a change right?

Besides all melee classes have something.Rogue has more powerful snare,wound poison,more stable damage,goes through priest shields,invulnerable to damage burst,cc,very close to unkitable,hard to cc(this one is a result many things,1 second global cooldowns included),500 interrupts enough to keep a paladin from healing for the rest of his days.

Enhancement shamans have support(totems/bl) purge (since unlike other mana users they dont blow gcds on dpsing) and good damage.

Paladins have dispels and blessings(bop bof bos),the best burst ,crowd control and immunity to damage bursts(although unlike the other 3 can be drained)

Being hybrids the latter 2 are "underdogs" and appear only in support/burst damage roles,but that's what they should be doing anyway.

And then we have the hunter who is physical dps but not melee,has a quite hard to apply healing debuff ,very easy to drink,drains,uncounterable huge aoe slow,better damage than warrior and rogue,get's los'd and destroys mages.

Everything has + and -.For example warriors are really really bad vs mages ,and rogues shine vs warlocks.Warriors synergize good with tons of support and suck when they lack it.

I think the whole pvp situation is balanced except from a few little stuff.For example warlocks shouldnt go down like that from mass melee.Rogues should not be able to perform good everywhere(1healer1dps in 2v2,3dps or 2 dps 1 healer 3v3,4dps and 3 dps in 5v5) ,mages should not be that good vs warriors and not that bad vs hunters,shamans and paladins healers should get buff a lot and after this buff warrios might need a nerf.

The whole deal with warriors is that they rely on the healer.For example now druids have started to go down(the nerfs were quite important after all,the druids are already dropping).With them,warriors will go down,for granted.When the other healers get buffed,we'll see.

If you nerf the warrior,your nerf the shaman and you nerf the paladin.These 3 classes are related very very tighly to each other,and one playing this game for long should be able to see it.

Oh,and the classes that get hurt from CoT cant remove it on their own,so you are already talking 5vs5 mostly here(there are very few exceptions),which is a whole other story from 2v2/3v3.You can't play 5s without healing debuff anyway,unless you are playing a "4casters with bl-zerg-warrior-with skill" setup
I lost the red line here :p Where are u getting again?

On a sidenote, warriors are INSANELY represented in all brackets atm and Yes i think some kind of nerf is needed on them ,, not in 1v1 but in 2v2>. OR buff warlocks, that works 2
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Lateralus wrote:
TheWarriorKing wrote:And with all seriousness (I'm also posting my views on the lock forum lately) if you guys can't admin you've got it ridiculously easy vs Sham/pal(half the healers,fyi) you just deserve to get cleaved to death.
We have it easy vs Sham/pal(half the healers) ? How do you mean? In 1v1? If you mean 1v1 i would agree but i doubt you do. So you think that if im up against any of those kinds of healers in arena ill have an rediculously easy time winning? For instance vs Shaman / warrior as druid/warlock.. if i put cot on the shaman is that just a pure autowin? If u didnt mean this, feel free to elaborate.
TheWarriorKing wrote:I play with warlocks in 3v3 and 5v5 on both my characters and know how it is to be a warlock.Do you(and priests,mages,all clothwhines in general) know how nice it is to make half of the healer classes almost extinct in TWO out of the THEE brackets? Obviously not.
Almost extinct? I beg to differ..
If you compare them to the number of druids...That's why I said almost.Exceptional players can succeed to an extent with "any" kind of setup.Do you think that a resto shaman or holy pala have any chance of being the winners on the 2on2 tourney ? I think not.I used this example for the sake of having both teams played to the maximum.

And on your 2on2 example,you are taking one of the most defensive warlock setups there.What I meant was more like; Warlock+dps vs pala/shaman + anything(except rogues).

Still if you play offensive you will win.I've played sham/war too and it's hard vs offensively played druid+lock,impossible if the druid is playing restokin spec,even though at first glance shaman has a notable advantage vs pet user drainteams(watershield hi!)

Dot/moonfire the warrior,walk(because you wont be running with hamstring) to a pillar,have moonfire applied and cc shaman.Shaman isnt able to face cc and heal at the same time.Have your druid hot you up and wrath if he gets a cyclone on the shaman,use feral charge and bash if hes resto spec and the pressure gets just too much.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

TheWarriorKing wrote:
If you compare them to the number of druids...That's why I said almost.Exceptional players can succeed to an extent with "any" kind of setup.Do you think that a resto shaman or holy pala have any chance of being the winners on the 2on2 tourney ? I think not.I used this example for the sake of having both teams played to the maximum.
No , was more thinking about 3v3 here
TheWarriorKing wrote: Still if you play offensive you will win.I've played sham/war too and it's hard vs offensively played druid+lock,impossible if the druid is playing restokin spec,even though at first glance shaman has a notable advantage vs pet user drainteams(watershield hi!)

Dot/moonfire the warrior,walk(because you wont be running with hamstring) to a pillar,have moonfire applied and cc shaman.Shaman isnt able to face cc and heal at the same time.Have your druid hot you up and wrath if he gets a cyclone on the shaman,use feral charge and bash if hes resto spec and the pressure gets just too much.
Thx for the advice, when i think of it we were slightly more successful vs shaman/warrior when our druid was restokin. To bad Restokins goes down so fast vs most double dps teams tho :<