Post by Skyly »

Blahran wrote:wtf did the stamina go why take away stamina from gear dont get
yeah. wtf?
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Well it's nothing new - rogues (hell, all melee DPS) loves the necklace off Supremus.
The one we have gotten only once now? :P

It features 0 stamina.

Also the best boots for (enha) Shaman?
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32510
Zero stamina on them.

Well, former best boots, obviously.
Now you can get a very interesting upgrade from Sunwell.
Some might call it a sidegrade.

The instant (talented) Ghost Wolf is interesting.
A dream of two years come true.
Now just for snare/root removal and it's all bliss.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Shaman
- Flametongue weapon puts an "MS" (50% healing reduction) on your current target. 5 Second duration, refreshes every hit. (Screenshot) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

- Toughness: 50% duration reduction on movement impairing effects with 5/5 toughness (Screenshot)

- Shamanistic Rage changed: Reduces all damage taken by 30% and gives your successful melee attacks a chance to regenerate mana equal to 30% of your attack power. Lasts 15 seconds.

- The global cooldown on casting totems has been reduced. It is now 1 second instead of 1.5

Grooovy!!
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Lateralus wrote:Shaman
- Flametongue weapon puts an "MS" (50% healing reduction) on your current target. 5 Second duration, refreshes every hit. (Screenshot) LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
does that mean shamans need a fast off hand now in arena for Flametongue and main hand windfurry?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Give Felguards MS!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

Fenz wrote:Give Felguards MS!

yeah nice first buff all healers so that they can do more damage in healing gear and then nerf all healers by giving all classes a MS effect
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Shamanistic Rage's duration is now half as long.
I'm pretty sure the cooldown's still 2 minutes, since the "regenerate mana" clause's doubled in effectiveness.

Hehehehehehehehehehehe hehehehe hehe.
Muhahaa.

Jezus christ, they don't know how to balance shit now do they? :P
This is going to have a huge impact for Elemental Shaman, who usually always roll with Flametongue. Even Restoration, the healer spec, now has an MS debuff.

It's over the top, really.
I mean if this was a result of the very deep "Elemental Weapons" talent in Enhancement tree, then I can understand it.

You won't need a fast offhand per-se, but it would make sense to min-max the damage output of your offhand.
God this is going to make Rogues piss blood. It's undispellable as well.

Hm. I'm running into trouble with Talent points now.
Cannot get full toughness without making an unpleasant sacrifice somewhere.

-edit- Talent build link. Have to calc how much this screws over buffing capacity now.
Last edited by sneek on 29 Feb 2008, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

I guess this is another proof of Blizzard having no clue about what the term 'PvP Balance' means.

Patheticly stupid, first the water shield now this... jezuz.

The only positive thing about what they did was the reduced GCD @ totems.

Rest is just so stupid, AND patheticly overpowered.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Read a comment XOM (poster name "XOM AA") made on WoM.com (second page, middle of the comments-ish).
This is the guy that's been starred a lot in Ming's blogs as an oddball doing quite well in Europe.
Also XOM's the one that told off every single other high ranked Blackout 5v5 team for queuedodging them and not offering rematches by doing so.

I heard the Enhancement lineups War/Enha 3-heal work very nicely already - without these buffs.
Just don't know how Gorxar does it tbh; the times we rolled with that lineup it seemed very hard to do and an expert player layout really.

Just finished doing some napkin math and emperical testing on the EU PTR and I can safely say that I need the 1.5 speed Vengeful Fist Weapon and just roll with Flametongue on offhand always.
I'll lose out the minor random burst damage from the Windfuried offhand but gain very stable DPS and a permanent Mortal Strike effect on whatever I'm doing in the arena.
Not to mention terminating any Grounding Totem effect that's active every 1.5 secs, and also adding another melee attack that qualifies for spellpushback on my target.
Oh the joy.

It's IMO absolutely not correct to have this working on Elemental and Restoration Shaman though.

-edit- With this change, I can now easily do a Holy Paladin 1-1. When currently dueling a Disc Priest is a prolongued duel of hide and seek, proper timing of abilities/totems and a LOT of purging yet once 2.4 hits they'll drop as easily as shadowpriests. Maybe I now have an option of wrecking SL/SL locks.
Hmmmmm... looks like Blizzard thought of the poor innocent kittens.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

Priests... melee fodder, hoooooooh :)

MS for resto shaman will be devastating, can't get close!
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

http://www.worldofraids.com/2008/ptr/24 ... shaman.jpg

New T6 items have stamina again, but not as much as before
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Just mentioning this here again for future reference.
Earlier I quoted some text from a Season 2 Merciless Gladiator known as PUSH in the 'States.

"Here are the teams I'm going to be getting 3x Vengeful Gladiator with:

2v2: Resto Druid + Enhancement Shaman
3v3: Resto Druid + Enhancement Shaman + SL/SL Warlock
5v5: Resto Druid + Enhancement Shaman + Full Arms Warrior (!) + Disc Priest + Holy Paladin

:)"
- Push on PTR-2.4

Important to note his 5s team is the one Sons of Herkules started with; Warrior/Enhancement + 3-Healer.
So it's definately doable.
I know the Gorxar Shaman in BG3 rolled in that lineup as well. He used to be from Blackout, our BG.
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

I guess he've missed that Bloodlust have ALWAYS as the ONLY spell reduced GCD (ie: it's not something new).

:oops:
Last edited by Kozu on 29 Feb 2008, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Not sure tbh. I've read posts that suggest it didn't reduce GCDs up to and including 2.3.x
However in 2.4+ it will.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

I see Enhance + Retri in 2v2 way higher than paired with a Druid (too many counter comps I would say), add a Rogue in for nice 3v3 action and there shouldn't be too many problems... Really smells like a new fotm for me :)