WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

It is the single worst nerf to any class EVER in this game. Yet somehow, I'm sure people will be thrilled with it.
:roll: some serious feedback in that thread!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Phil wrote:
It is the single worst nerf to any class EVER in this game. Yet somehow, I'm sure people will be thrilled with it.
:roll: some serious feedback in that thread!
Duh, it's not hard to find valid feedback hater!1
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

I hear it's a 10 dps loss according to EJ theorycrafters for well decked T6 equiv locks.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Maugetar wrote:personally, i love seeing locks squirm for the first time in 3 years... U guys had it coming!1
says the guy that has no idea about how powerful mages ALSO are in arena :)

soon maybe 2346 wont even be a valid setup. keep up the good work blizzard.

if worst comes to worst i might have to reroll aswell, if warlocks become useless in 5v5 that is
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... pageNo=145
Mr Blue-No-Clue wrote:Some changes are going to be made to lifetap in an upcoming PTR build. Until that time I think we've got enough feedback.

Please hold your comments on this ability until the new version can be tested, then a new thread can be opened for feedback.

EDIT: Until the new implementation is available on the PTR new posts about Lifetap are going to be deleted.
Holding my thumbs-Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Lateralus wrote:
Maugetar wrote:personally, i love seeing locks squirm for the first time in 3 years... U guys had it coming!1
says the guy that has no idea about how powerful mages ALSO are in arena :)

soon maybe 2346 wont even be a valid setup. keep up the good work blizzard.

if worst comes to worst i might have to reroll aswell, if warlocks become useless in 5v5 that is
Right... no idea... Well, gl with that squirming btw!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

What do those numbers mean arena-wise? Some war was spouting on the US forums that teams with a rogue (or2) are becoming better then a team with a war in it...he mentions some numbers too.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Fenz wrote:
What do those numbers mean arena-wise? Some war was spouting on the US forums that teams with a rogue (or2) are becoming better then a team with a war in it...he mentions some numbers too.
A 5v5 Setup using Arms Warrior, Holy or Disc Priest, Holy Paladin, Elemental Shaman, and a Mage.

The origin of this term stems from Noktyn and Sck during the online regional stage against The Fighting Mongooses. They were spamming 23452345235425 in party chat and irc, since the setup's strength is to activate Heroism/Bloodlust and press as many offensive buttons as you can.

A 5v5 setup using Arms Warrior, Holy or Disc Priest, Holy Paladin, Elemental Shaman, and a Felguard Warlock. This is a play on '2345', using the more powerful Warlock in the place of the Mage.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Pretty much what maugetar said. And those two numbers (2345 and 2346) are the only "names" i know for arena setups :)

2345 seems to be the most used of those 2 atm. ( http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/ )

Rogues are fine in 5v5 also but not in as much setups i think.

2 good rogue setups are
rogue, mage, warlock, preist and druid
rogue, warlock, mage, resto sham and preist
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

And here it comes.

Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:
Pretty much what maugetar said. And those two numbers (2345 and 2346) are the only "names" i know for arena setups :)

2345 seems to be the most used of those 2 atm. ( http://www.sk-gaming.com/arena/ )

Rogues are fine in 5v5 also but not in as much setups i think.

2 good rogue setups are
rogue, mage, warlock, preist and druid
rogue, warlock, mage, resto sham and preist
"Euro comp" aka "droodrog" (DRMPrWl) is atm the considered best and most played team, at least according to Cyclone's top bg and the SK invitational tournament... 2345/6 is a bit further behind, imo even behind Hunter/tri-heal or Enh/tri-heal .. have to see what future brings I guess.

Quite irritating to see more Locks than Mages whine lately. Hasn't been like that since the DC introduction back in old WoW I think, when Warlocks were incredibly underpowered..
Whine on PvP / Test Realm forums is too much nontheless, not nice to watch anymore.

Agree'd with Fenz btw, when PvE gets affected by (considered) PvP nerfs it's no nice, Lifetap was unnecessary imo...
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Phil wrote: Lifetap was unnecessary imo...

yeah i dont get it really, why mess around with something that works
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

I dont like to stress the fact that the warlock rocks, but he jus does. So, for all you staff users out there, feel free to come in and post, my staff is a good one, but here is how it goes
1. post message in the room
2. LOOK IT OVER
3. dont report anything, i might get in trouble :)
and 4. Have fun!!!
i got reminded of Kralnor today so i thought i'd add a little something here
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

http://www.worldofraids.com/2008/class/ ... arlock.gif Warlock
- Lifetap changes have been reverted back to 2.3 original values.
Rank 1 to 7 - Converts 20/65/130/210/300/420/580 health into 20/65/130/210/300/420/580 mana

http://www.worldofraids.com/
Kozu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Kozu »

*pre-patch 2.0 flashback*