SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

It seems the uproar on the Shamans forum has paid off.

Elemental shaman were told that while we'd be nerfing the damage coefficients for lightning bolt and chain lightning bolt in patch 2.3, overall they'd notice a damage increase. We know most of your tests reveal a damage decrease, however. We've been running extensive tests of our own and have identified that there is approximately a 6% nerf to elemental dps (depending on gear of course). As a result, we're going to increase lightning bolt and chain lightning bolt's coefficient so that elemental shaman gain approximately 5 to 6% of their damage back if you assume roughly 1200 spell damage.

It should break down as follows

• If you have below 1100 spell damage you will see a slight buff to your dps
• If you are between 1100 and 1200 spell damage you should see neither a decrease or increase to your dps
• If you are over 1200 spell damage you will see a slight nerf to your dps.

This change should be hotfixed onto the PTR at some point soon, and we'll be watching the situation closely.

http://www.worldofraids.com/
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Sad part is that any Shaman serious about the raiding part of the game had figured out, long before the PTRs went up, that it was a rough 6% nerf to damage output.
This has been put forth in very clear easy to understand summaries as well as complete proofscripts with associated math.

Their Community Management team's worth shit, literally.
Mandra
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mandra »

im really confused><

to tired to try to find it but im pretty sure I read somwhere (blue post) that elemental shamans would get a dps buff with the new changes. clearly that wasn't the case, instead it was a nerf.. and now when they finally understand that, they just nerf us a bit less dmgwise???.. gg or keep it unchanged.. why EVEN make the change then...
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Yeah they changed the base cast time, so the benefit of spelldamage on gear went from 86% in 2.2 to 71% in 2.3.
That caused an outcry with Dots getting spammed on every official forum out there.
Now they won't revoke that change completely but give the Shaman back around 8% of the "coefficient" (basically the above 71% + 8% = 79%, if I understood EJ's correctly).

High end raiding shaman aren't entirely happy still because they still get hit by a ~2% damage nerf because this.

(Note to myself, use this build in Arena because you're an undergeared PvE-gear wearing chump: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hVcZxVfdixsAuqo)
Seimor
General
General

A very nice totem timer addon

Post by Seimor »

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/5492/
Even shows the pulse from tremor/Posion cleansing etc..
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

Quad-Boxing w/ Elemental Shamans
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

(Just storing there here for personal convenience, 5vs5 layouts that some 2k2+ hobnobs in the 'States thing are viable for Enhancement Shaman)

Frost Mage / Affliction Warlock / Shadow Priest / Enhancement Shaman / Holy Paladin (4dps): I don't find this to be a viable combo for the enhancement shaman, purely for the reason that an elemental shaman could do a much better job in that set up. Replacing you with a rogue (bringing better burst, survivability, a cc and most importantly a healing debuff) would make that combo an almost perfect 4dps combo. Your team is a caster heavy 4dps that doesn't take out warriors 1st? No offense to you or your team but there is no way that you could have scored Glad with such a make up on battlegroup 9.
(Zagine to Push. The latter is Enhancement and got Season 2 Gladiator with the above lineup)

You're completely wrong. We don't depend on the healing debuff at all. I do the highest single target damage in the game. My pushback and ability to Purge and damage at the SAME TIME is incredibly important. We can lock Warlocks, Priests, and Shaman too well.
Trust me--a Rogue or Elemental Shaman would destroy the synergy of the combo. I could go more into it, but I don't think I should defend myself when I was nearly top in a competitive Battlegroup.
(Push's retort to Zagine's comment)

Enh Shaman / Warrior / Hunter / Priest / Paladin (4dps, drain): I feel that in 5v5 you must team up with classes that compliment one another. Like in Tsalrioth's 5v5 team where each class increases the efficiency of one another. Such as the shaman greatly boosting the warriors dps while the hunter snares opponents making it easier for melee to stay on target/switch targets. The hunter and the priest combined drain is very strong and can put someone out of action. The trueshot aura is an overall buff to all the dps in that team. I would like to see some video footage of Tsalrioth's 5v5 since it is possibly the highest achievement of an enhancement shaman.

Enh Shaman / Rogue / Mage / Balance Druid / Paladin (4dps):
4dps combo where the mage and balance druid combo (by far the strongest cc in 5v5 against a warrior) is used to completely shutdown the warrior. 2nd'ry dps (shamans, warlocks, hunters - not mages) would be the target, being chain purged while the cc is setup during early game. Once the target is caught by the rogue the spike on the target comes to play. The druid and shaman can also off heal in this team allowing it to be very flexible if the initial spike fails. The enhancement shamans stormstrike ability is a huge dps boost to the balance druid while it's unleashed rage buff contributes a good deal to the rogue.

Enh Shaman / Warrior / Priest / Resto Druid / Paladin (3heal):
3 healer team where the main focus is to outlast the opposition. The priest will be full time on dispels and mana burns tossing a renew and a shield here and there. While the druid focus's on shutting down the warrior. The main targets would either be a priest or a mage (mass dispel after 1st iceblock). I feel that enh shaman's are one of the most powerful counter to these two classes being able to shut them down completely if you are able to stay on target. Once again, the enhancement shaman is a huge dps increase to a warrior and the warrior in this team should have talent points into blood frenzy increasing his and the enh shams dps.

Reference: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0161342#21
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gimmie the aff. lock spot in your 5vs5 :)
DaMonte
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by DaMonte »

change the warrior with a rogue in the "Enh Shaman / Warrior / Priest / Resto Druid / Paladin (3heal)" team and you will have a deadly team.
Ofc it will be even more powerful with lock instead of the shaman (more manadrain) but then the shaman isnt in the team...
-And yes i am actually a paladin-
http://ctprofiles.net/991493
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

DaMonte wrote:...Ofc it will be even more powerful with lock instead of the shaman (more manadrain) but then the shaman isnt in the team...
OMG kicking the Shaman when he is down!1
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

DaMonte wrote:change the warrior with a rogue ..
And himself!!!!!!!!/!(1
DaMonte
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by DaMonte »

Lateralus wrote:
And himself!!!!!!!!/!(1
I said warrior, not damonte! ;)
-And yes i am actually a paladin-
http://ctprofiles.net/991493
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

DaMonte wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
And himself!!!!!!!!/!(1
I said warrior, not damonte! ;)

haha
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

The reason is synergy, but I can definately understand the reasoning behind getting a rogue in since they are pretty damned good in making sure their target cannot do a single thing.
Thinking a warrior has more group synergy in the buffing and debuffing it can do and more durable damage as well as mobility tools.

Not sure how long AR's going to be on Preparation anyway ;)
Ithelia
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Ithelia »

Whisper when you want to transform grandsons to this massive pvp machine!
And you thought you knew pain...

Marco#1117