High Warlord
High Warlord

Zulaman sneak preview

Post by Versus »

Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Extra loot npcs tho! It's heroic SH and stratholme UD all over again. :<
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

The way this reads is a T5 equivalency for 10-mans tbh, lootwise at least.
Hopefully they understood why success in the latter half of Karazhan tapered off; trash hell.

Hoping for some nice swift entertainment besides the bigger technical raids tbh, and having additional loot based on clearing speed might be entertaining for extreme top end guilds.
Conjecture: an ultimate speedclear only possible with highly focused T6 raiders producing epic quality shoulder enchants? :)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

A more casual and faster instance then kz that gives t5 i doubt that :P.
They might throw in some unique enchant stuff/loot though like zg
Shataz
Private

Post by Shataz »

less trash doesnt meean less casual :) might be some cool, hard bossfights etc that requires fairly good gear
Welcome to Rivendale Mr. Anderson
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

http://pc.ign.com/articles/804/804106p1.html

ign preview up; loot slightly above kz and a bear mount for late to collect! :roll:
vraj
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by vraj »

Have they set a primary date for the instance yet?
Tulhz btw
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

"When it's done."

But in all truth and honesty, they're a bit in a bind with some of the überguilds (Nihilum, D&T, Forté, Method) already whining on WoW Radio about Black Temple dissapointment and lack of content.
That and the 10-man Karazhan that has been far more successful at entertaining people then the much more technical and demanding Magtheridon, Gruul and Voidreaver.

Now they could only showcase a third of the boss encounters in ZA with the speedrun reward concept being sketchy at best.
Guessing this'll take at least two months still.

Think the developers are still spinning around realizing they've bitten off far too much then they could chew.
With Arena PvP demanding attention not only from management in anticipation of Warhammer Online, developing a new "expansion pack" which is also a management driven desire to keep tuning and developing free content like Zul'Aman.

And, imo, there's nothing wrong at all with having a proper higher tier to KZ like SSC/TKE follow up on Gruul/Magtheridon, delivering loot on par with SSC/TKE.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Yay no more kz! :P

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5332&sid=1

I've been following a lot of the reactions on the WoW forums as well as the fansite forums to our announcement of Zul'Aman. I've noticed that there's a little bit of confusion as to some comments that were made in various articles that said that (I am paraphrasing here) "Zul'Aman will be more casual than Karazhan."'

Of course, what most of us in the WoW community have come to realize over the past few years is that the term "casual" means different things to different people. In fact, I am at the point where I try to avoid using the term at all. I've come to discover that most players consider themselves "Casual" when it supports their argument and likewise, they think of themselves as "hardcore" when convenient. We have the largest Casual Hardcore (or Hardcore Casual) community of any MMO out there!

All joking aside, the clarification is this:

--Zul'Aman will be a 10-person raid zone
--Zul'Aman will be on a quicker reset than 7 days (some might call this "casual")
--Zul'Aman will be MORE difficult than Karazhan and drop better loot (some might call this hardcore)
--Zul'Aman will feature 6 bosses and it's our goal that you can kill them all in one night -- perhaps 2-3 hour clear times (some might call this casual)
--Zul'Aman will not have a key requirement. Nor will it have an attunement quest\ (some might call this casual)
--Zul'Aman will have a VERY challenging timed quest for those who choose to participate in it. This *will be* hardcore and will be very rewarding. Players do not have to engage in the timed run (very similar to the Baron run in Stratholme)
--We're tuning the first boss in Zul'Aman to require less raid coordination than some other raid bosses. He will still hit very hard so you'll need to be geared properly but it won't take 15 minutes to explain the fight. It will be a simple yet challenging fight. The other boss fights get more complex and challenging from there. If players want a basis of comparison, imagine the tuning of ZA started around Nightbane/Prince difficulty and ramped up from there.

ZA is a very cool looking zone. It will feature brand new troll models -- Forest Trolls. They are very impressive looking. There will also be a large amount of brand new item art in the zone. We'll get screenshots of this out soon.

I know this question is going to come up so I'll answer it now -- Yes, you can totally skip Karazhan if you're an amazingly elite guild who doesn't have time to key up for KZ yet can face the challenges of ZA without gearing up in KZ. Have fun storming the castle.

[ Post edited by Tigole ]
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

nice reading :)
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

nostra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

!!

Post by nostra »

regarding logical loot:

"It's a small touch, but it sure beats wolves coughing up fishing poles!"

!!
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

The guild bank will be great imo.
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Nargaroth
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Nargaroth »

I can be manager of the guild bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Nargaroth wrote:I can be manager of the guild bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yes oh my god yes