WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

In the next major content patch, the combat rating, resilience, will also reduce the damage dealt by damage over time (DoT) effects. As it currently stands, each new tier of equipment adds to the amount of damage DoT abilities have, yet that damage is not mitigated through combat ratings found on typical equipment. This change will help ensure that DoT effects do not scale too well compared to other damage mechanics.

The amount of damage reduced will be equal to the critical chance reduction effect that resilience grants.

Then 26 pages of BOHOOO QQ etcetc
PERSONALLY im not worried at all.. i just hope destru might go more viable in there ^^

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5382&sid=1
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

It's relatively minor tbh.
Direct damage is still much more affected by resilience.

DoTs will get reduced by 6% total whereas...
...direct crits will occur 6% less and hit for 12% less if they occur.
The pivot point where the "overall damage nerf" is equal for both dots and direct melee attacks seems to be somewhere between 35% and 40% critrate for melee.
That's based on some fast math I did, could be wrong though.

Problem is, if melee has that amount of critrate they've got 0 resilience themselves.
Less critrate then ~35% and direct damage attacks suffer more from resilience still.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

inyafacelocks
Blahran
General
General

Post by Blahran »

zNow wrote:inyafacelocks
/sign
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Not a very coherent solution to an unfair situation.
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I couldn't care less but as someone on the forums pointed out they are using resilience for something else then it was intended to. Like realm abilties were used to balance classes in DAoC.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

Fenz wrote:I couldn't care less but as someone on the forums pointed out they are using resilience for something else then it was intended to. Like realm abilties were used to balance classes in DAoC.
What was it intended to do then? And what is it doing now?
Res is fine imo, the only problems are (were) that dots don't get affected by it and that some crit dependant builds become more or less useless.
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Fenz wrote:I couldn't care less but as someone on the forums pointed out they are using resilience for something else then it was intended to. Like realm abilties were used to balance classes in DAoC.
I agree that this is patching more than anything, tho I cant see a better solution, tbh.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

zNow wrote:
Res is fine imo, the only problems are (were) that dots don't get affected by it and that some crit dependant builds become more or less useless.
Resilience reduces your chance to be the victim of a critical strike, and reduces the amount of damage critical strikes do to you.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

zNow wrote:[...] the only problems are (were) that dots don't get affected by it and that some crit dependant builds become more or less useless.
Bingo.

Resilience should just be changed to provide a flat damage reduction; 350 resilience reducing all damage received by 18% would work nicely.
Hell just remove the "being critted" reduction and change it to flat damage reduction and it'll work brilliantly for PvP as well as PvE.
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Fenz wrote:
zNow wrote:
Resilience reduces your chance to be the victim of a critical strike, and reduces the amount of damage critical strikes do to you.
Yeah its pretty silly.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sneek wrote: Resilience should just be changed to provide a flat damage reduction; 350 resilience reducing all damage received by 18% would work nicely.
Hell just remove the "being critted" reduction and change it to flat damage reduction and it'll work brilliantly for PvP as well as PvE.

I would like this very much, tho i wouldnt wanna see a cap on 350 tho since i have 420. But very nice idea, i guess its one of those things blizzard will admit after a few months ;)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Well I think the DOT/resilience rework's a result from excessive tinkering with the coefficient on dots combined with the kneejerk reaction to all the "two shot" whining everyone was doing during the epic days of 60.

How DO you get 420 resilience btw? :?
That's -11% being critted and 21% reduction on crit damage received.
zNow
Warlord
Warlord

Post by zNow »

sneek wrote:How DO you get 420 resilience btw? :?
Not that hard in theory, just stack glad and honor items :P
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sneek wrote:Well I think the DOT/resilience rework's a result from excessive tinkering with the coefficient on dots combined with the kneejerk reaction to all the "two shot" whining everyone was doing during the epic days of 60.

How DO you get 420 resilience btw? :?
That's -11% being critted and 21% reduction on crit damage received.
farming, check armory :p
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... =Lateralus

i have even more resilience if you count from talents also tho :p