Chit chat
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

in karazhan, do u have any use for the following talents;
intensity
nether protection
destructive rach, and with reach i mean like fights in naxx with anub rekhan where with +reach ure definetely not going to be hit with the spikes, without reach in there u have to be in absolutely max range from him, its a bit tricky because it takes a sec or so to step back and fourth(serversidelag) to determine ur max range using colored/decolored buttons.
and how long does a fight against the most common thrashmob in there last?
any special useful talents against one or more bosses in there?
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Last edited by Meek on 12 Feb 2007, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Meek wrote:in karazhan, do u have any use for the following talents;
intensity
nether protection
destructive rach, and with reach i mean like fights in naxx with anub rekhan where with +reach ure definetely not going to be hit with the spikes, without reach in there u have to be in absolutely max range from him, its a bit tricky because it takes a sec or so to step back and fourth(serversidelag) to determine ur max range using colored/decolored buttons.
and how long does a fight against the most common thrashmob in there last?
any special useful talents against one or more bosses in there?
Reach is always nice but never needed.. its just a matter of how much u can put up with :)
Dont think nether protection will ever be needed in an instance.. it might be good on afew encounters but.. doubt it will be usefull in kz.. its a strictly pvp talent imho
No bosses like anub afaik
Intensity is nice as hell.. wouldnt wanna be without that one tbh

Made a pure pve affliction build wich i found nice also... http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IqMMVRftqtfocZxx0z
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

so theres some lock aoe in there?
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Meek wrote:so theres some lock aoe in there?
yes but intensity isnt only for aoe spells anymore bendejo!! its for all destru spells.. and SoC > ALL
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Meek wrote:so theres some lock aoe in there?
Yes but mainly that consists of dropping as many SoC's on the mobs the mage is doing AOE on.

Also some comments on earlier questions, trashmobs die pretty quick but hit like trucks. If you get aggro then 95% of the time you are dead. As for usefull talents..I think all lock builds work in there.

I am looking into affliction because for some fights you have to move around a lot and dots are more effective then nukes in those fights imo.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

I currently have this build, dont know what i want really :) As said the FG isn't very popular amongst healers, but it rocks damagewise and is very fun to play with imo. I might go to more affliction when I raid more, but I really don't see why you'd want to go destro... looks like a mage-wannabe manaconsuming tree to me.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NVzrV0oZ0gczIizMjst
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote: Also some comments on earlier questions, trashmobs die pretty quick but hit like trucks. If you get aggro then 95% of the time you are dead. As for usefull talents..I think all lock builds work in there.
Just started using sandreaver.. 50% less agro.. together with soulshatter its so damn imba. blast like a motherfucker and ditch agro on 2nd ;)
fenz wrote:I am looking into affliction because for some fights you have to move around a lot and dots are more effective then nukes in those fights imo.
agreed. Shade of Aran comes into mind ;)
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Kingeling wrote:I currently have this build, dont know what i want really :) As said the FG isn't very popular amongst healers, but it rocks damagewise and is very fun to play with imo. I might go to more affliction when I raid more, but I really don't see why you'd want to go destro... looks like a mage-wannabe manaconsuming tree to me.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=NVzrV0oZ0gczIizMjst
im sure you ment mage pwner. otherwise i see u in the arena ;)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kingeling wrote:but I really don't see why you'd want to go destro... looks like a mage-wannabe manaconsuming tree to me.
Destro for pve is very nice.. insane burst. I love destro. Its also very fun in PvP. Mage-wannabe-manaconsuming builds works well in instances also because both mages, shamans, preists and druids tend to drink between pulls :)

I belive with the right gear destro is the overall best dps build in raids, thats reason enough for me to spec into it when i have better gear.
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Meek wrote: im sure you ment mage pwner. otherwise i see u in the arena ;)
To have a WL vs WL fight?:)
Anyway, I'll give it a try sometime then, but first I'll try my current build a bit more.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kingeling wrote:
Anyway, I'll give it a try sometime then, but first I'll try my current build a bit more.

Why not.. no decent destru warlock should NEVER EVER loose against demonology or affliction locks. Nether protection ftw
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
Kingeling wrote:

Why not.. no decent destru warlock should NEVER EVER loose against demonology or affliction locks. Nether protection ftw
Erm, no way a destro lock beats me when I am demo specced, nether protection does not protect you from the Felguard, also you have less critchance against a demo lock. (disclaimer: unless he gets the jump on me when I am at low health or whatever). Damn just gave myself the ultimate reason to stay demo :lol:

Anyway I wouldn't mind a few duels to test this a bit.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Erm, no way a destro lock beats me when I am demo specced, nether protection does not protect you from the Felguard, also you have less critchance against a demo lock. (disclaimer: unless he gets the jump on me when I am at low health or whatever). Damn just gave myself the ultimate reason to stay demo :lol:

Anyway I wouldn't mind a few duels to test this a bit.
The win is far from guaranteed for the demo but i agree its not that given that desto should win. But with equal skills and gear i would bet my gold on the destru.. never lost vs any demo locks when i had destro for almost 2 months :)

But the most boring thing about demonology imo was that it was always accused for being the noobbuild :p