WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Trying affliction on PTR atm.
verdict? ;)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:Trying affliction on PTR atm.
verdict? ;)
So far I haver never seen nightfall proc, but it might be easy to miss in the AV zerg. Insta hot is nice. Don't like the fact that only aff has the good range, always trying to put on immolate too wich fails most of the time:)

Lots of new buttons, I should macro amp. with coa probably. Coex...used it once on a warrior that was trying to get away. Survivability is something I have to get used too, can't really run into the middle of the zerg and run out alive 8)

Will try destro next after some more affliction.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote: Lots of new buttons, I should macro amp. with coa probably. Coex...used it once on a warrior that was trying to get away. Survivability is something I have to get used too, can't really run into the middle of the zerg and run out alive 8)
dunno about ptr but amp+curse macro doesnt work in BC beta :(
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

fact. it really is this easy to farm as affliction lock :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vN4Die67eQ

when i did a quest in badlands.. i had a kill 10 of those 12 of those 10 of those mission.. i ran to that place.. just started dotting everything and i wasnt even close to dying :p
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

affliction pros:
*siphon life at 130 with current gear
*instant howl
*range
*mana, siphon+drain life+dark pact+imp drain soul gives low downtime while grinding and will provide more mana over time in longer fights(this is more or less the only drawback demo has except range)
*Shadow embrace is a new "party must have"

cons:
*burst damage/range
*all damage shadow based

Thats why i choose affliction, think i will lvl with full affliction + demo but move over to 42/8/11 at 70 to have some better burst while raiding

Demo is makes it to easy to play imo, i have more fun with affliction, as Fenz said theres "lots of new buttons", when i tried demo on ptr i suddenly lost 3 spells i used for ages plus nightfall for that surprise bolt and the new UA that i was starting to like. In exchange i got a new fancy pet that did much of my work for me :lol: but at the same time he doenst provide anything i missed when using my other pets, sure intercept is fun and he does hit hard(pets scaling with gear ftw) but i still feel like i rather do the job myself :wink:

Havent really given destro a chance, have only played it about a week on live so my testing on ptr with the new talents didnt really give that much :?
Soul leach is really nice since it gives manaefficiency for sustained dps and the build also has high burst.
Guess it will be even better at lvl64 with incinerate and i have a ........ hard time killing them as affliction when that damn protection procs
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I tried destro but really didn't give it much of a chance because I was cannonfodder in AV. The Big crits are nice and Shadow fury wasn't that bad as I thought it would be but I am more about outlasting my opponents.

PS in AV I hear more whines about hunters 2 or 3 shotting people then about locks so I hope the attention shifts :lol: Improved CoW might be nice against Bestial Raged pets.

PPS Yesterday I kept trying to finish people off with SB...but I can only get that at L70 whit my demo build... :P
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Fenz wrote: Improved CoW might be nice against Bestial Raged pets.
Improved CoW completely destroys durid feral dps! nerf! (Not that you need it to pwn a druid, but still!)

Lol math

^_^
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

First. Jhorar we know.. we dont need to tho because you are pretty easy to beat anyways.

Ok..

As i said to gupim.. when patch is comming i will go with this build untill BC comes:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0513131151

Mostly because i wanna keep up my dps in raids and i wanna play around with that build in BG´s. I <3 destrobuilds and high crits in bgs... its one of the few times i can sit laugh out loud for myself (did that today 3k crit followed with a 3.4 crit.. poor pally)

And when BC comes out i will go this build as a level build at least:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

At lvl 61 it will look like this i think :
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

I wont even say what build i will go as lvl 70.. i know i will change my mind more than 100 times before that and i just know to little about end game raiding to decide that atm.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

lawl
Passadig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Passadig »

Okej i have some qustions about this. You can kill any mob at the same lvl under 10 sec and the fh will hold aggro if u have (juse) 8/8 nemesis and still i see ppl on this forumd that want to lvl up with some other specc... Why ohh why?? Is the sac void with multi pull/fear or the high output damage better? No focking way it can be.
You will see some nice grinding taktics on some vids but you have to understand it will take u longer to lvl up to 70 than it will take u to lvl a new char from 1 to 60, so my point is u have to find your way to grind (lvl up) the fastest BUT easiest way, find a nice and smooth way to do it. the latest vid Fenz show is extremly nice but you cant have that focus on your grinding for so long. FH is a mouse clicking job for about 5 sec and then u can go and get your coffee or whaever u what to do. Please tell me if im all wrong.
I hope u understand my bad english and my dunken gramma but wtf its soon 5 in the morning and im drunk.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Passadig wrote:Okej i have some qustions about this. You can kill any mob at the same lvl under 10 sec and the fh will hold aggro if u have (juse) 8/8 nemesis and still i see ppl on this forumd that want to lvl up with some other specc... Why ohh why?? Is the sac void with multi pull/fear or the high output damage better? No focking way it can be.
You will see some nice grinding taktics on some vids but you have to understand it will take u longer to lvl up to 70 than it will take u to lvl a new char from 1 to 60, so my point is u have to find your way to grind (lvl up) the fastest BUT easiest way, find a nice and smooth way to do it. the latest vid Fenz show is extremly nice but you cant have that focus on your grinding for so long. FH is a mouse clicking job for about 5 sec and then u can go and get your coffee or whaever u what to do. Please tell me if im all wrong.
I hope u understand my bad english and my dunken gramma but wtf its soon 5 in the morning and im drunk.

im not sure i get your point.. is it that there are less mouseclicks involved when grinding with a fel guard than with for example affliction?
Hmm offc there are less mouseclicks and maybe its just as good to level with this build as with that build but its a matter of personal preferance. Personally i never enjoyed the whole pet tank u dot grinding that much, i like to dot up 5 targets and drain with an imp or whatever :)
And i belive the best grinding build is 21 points in demonology for sacrifice void and rest in affliction
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

but you have to understand it will take u longer to lvl up to 70 than it will take u to lvl a new char from 1 to 60
Don't think this is gonna be true but even if it is, levelling is pretty fun with the right quests and instances so I am not gonna grind mobs unless it is for a quest.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

add to the fact that theyve given huge exp gains from questing and reduced the exp you get from grinding

they wherent happy with them writing all theese quests and most people skipped 75% of em
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Passadig wrote:Okej i have some qustions about this. You can kill any mob at the same lvl under 10 sec and the fh will hold aggro if u have (juse) 8/8 nemesis and still i see ppl on this forumd that want to lvl up with some other specc... Why ohh why?? Is the sac void with multi pull/fear or the high output damage better? No focking way it can be.
Not quite sure what your getting at, but any farming that involves 8/8 nemesis wont be gamebreaking, thats for sure.
Seed of corruption is a spell you get at lvl70, and i dont think there is any farming that is faster/has less downtime than affliction farming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwVlJU3H ... ed&search=

But as fenz and morlog sais, getting XP in BC will be all about questing
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"