WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

amazing it took them this long.
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Shataz wrote:hahaha ye they are the true grindmasters in this game. im just trying to get it as effective as possible :P therefore im asking for different opinions :) gonna drive around with some mail now, brb in 20 mins!
The way I would level a lock would be as follows:
- lvl1-23: quest around with Imp as sidekick,
- lvl24-39: you can have 5/5 Fel Conc by now, so draintank with the Succy.
- lvl40+: Darkpact is win (see euroforums for a guide). Turn off all her skills and drain her mana using darkpact, grindspeed is among the best available.
- lvl60: respec or stick with DP if you're addicted to inf mana. :)

Oh, and from lvl40 on I think there is very nice tailored +dmg gear available. Using such gear is vital for fast grinding, just make sure you grind in a quiet area, since HP will suffer. My biggest problem to grinding with DS is that you have to choose between +sta gear (for HP regen) and +dmg gear, whereas DP allows you to focus purely on dmg gear.

As a final addition: train skinning and mining or so for some extra bucks while grinding. I made lots of $$$ when I leveled Steen to 60, just running circles in a cave and mining all the ore and selling the leather.
Jump in!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Nemesis RobesNemesis RobesNemesis RobesNemesis RobesNemesis Robes
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Hmm i have like this one since one week now and i like it very much. Can i make it 2 weeks?? Bids??

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IA0bVZ0xZxxotr0tu
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:Hmm i have like this one since one week now and i like it very much. Can i make it 2 weeks?? Bids??

I would drop the Fel concentration for more points into Destruction. Checkout pyroclasm!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Lateralus wrote:Hmm i have like this one since one week now and i like it very much. Can i make it 2 weeks?? Bids??

I would drop the Fel concentration for more points into Destruction. Checkout pyroclasm!
Well i thought u knew me like .. AT ALL?? I gotto grind.. with fel concentration i dont need to drink often at all :p
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Tseric wrote: Heres a change in 1.12 that was made after the release of PTRs. Perhaps this will give new angles to the 'Does Lifetap cause threat?' debates I've been seeing as of late. ;)

# Life Tap: This spell now benefits from effects which increase your spell damage. At rank 3 and above, the base amount of health lost and mana gained will increase by 80% of your bonus spell damage effects. Talents and items can further modify those values. Rank 1 and 2 receive reduced effect.

Thoughts?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... ost1192124
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Another raid related blue response:
randomwarlock wrote: Anyone else enjoy the second spot on threat list and yet the 10th or lower spot on damage lately? not that im complaining about my dps, im quiet happy to see the mages acually BE the glass cannons they signed up to be \o/

Its hilarious on wipe runs, '<Main tank> has died!' 'Aggro from Grand Widow Faerlina!' 'You have died!' 'Your <classleader> has died!' and so on.. :>

Even funnier on the twin emperors, when our class leader pulled aggro of of the mage emperor because his BoS had expired, oh boy was our raidleader pissed.

But its an issue overall to our class nowadays, with the latest impimentation of dps zergs and mana problems emergeing from that, i felt like commenting on this too and i know there are other topics covering it, but hey, this ones mine.

I think a talented skill for -threat would be the wrong way to take the warlock class, it would mimic the mages too much, but the wonderful suggestion of lifetap decreasing hate by a % that floats around these forums suits us oathbreakers Very well, it just feels like a warlock thing, dont you agree? a reward with a risk.
Plus you can make the improved lifetap talent add more -threat per lifetap and i think that would work like a charm.

So, /Discuss, and share your thoughts and stories of overaggro.
Blue response wrote: It's definitely a problem. It has become a bit better in Naxxramas though, as developers have added a lot of other things for us to do, instead of just DPSing the boss, such as killing adds etc.

I realize this doesn't solve every problem, but it's a step in the right direction, and perhaps more will come with time :)
ADDKILLING!!! YAYYYYYY
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

hijacked doll´s reply on a long thread:
doll wrote: threat sensitive bosses:

Zul’Gurub
Venoxis. no
Spider. a bit, enough time to dps the adds though :P so no
Bloodlord. no
Thekal. a bit
Mandokir. no
Jin’do. no
Hakkar. no

MC
Lucifron. no
Magmadar. no
Gehennas. no
Garr. no
Golemagg. no
Sulfuron. no
Majordomo. no
Ragnaros. no

BWL

Razorgore. no
Vaeleastraz. no
Broodlord Lashlayer. yes
Ebonroc. no
Flamegor. no
Chromaggus. no
Nefarian.
Phase 1. no
Phase 2. a bit , but counts for everyone
Phase 3. no

Outdoor bosses

Kazzak. no
Azuregos. no

Ysondre. no
Taerar. no
Emeriss. no
Lethon. no

Onyxia. kind of

AQ20

Kurinnaxx. no
General Rajaxx. no
Moam. no
Buru the Gorger. no
Ayamiss the Hunter. lol, cant remember. dont think so though
Ossirian the Unscarred. no

AQ40

The Prophet Skeram. no
Vem, Yauj, and Kri. no
Battleguard Sartura. no
Fankriss the Unyielding. no
Viscidus. hmm, only boss here i never killed. heard he is aggro sensitive though, so yes
Princess Huhuran. no
The Twin Emperors: depends, the way we kill them, with casters @ bugs, and melee @ emps: no
C'Thun. no

Naxxramas
Spider Wing

Anub'Rekhan. no
Grand Widow Faerlina. no
Maexxna. no

Abomination Wing
Patchwerk. no
Grobbulus. wasnt at that kill personally :(
Gluth. no as long as the tanks live XD

Plague Wing
Noth The Plaguebringer. no

Deathknight Wing
Instructor Razuvious. no
Gothik the Harvester. only got phase one down: no

correct me if im wrong. im willing to make changes in here if you give me a good reason ^^
also keep in mind that this is for alliance, so WITH BoS.
yes horde has it a little harder everywhere :x
but since that counts for the entire raid, the difference inside of the raid doesnt matter

[ post edited by Doll ]
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?1312996
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread. ... 239210&P=8
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Lateralus wrote:
Tseric wrote: Heres a change in 1.12 that was made after the release of PTRs. Perhaps this will give new angles to the 'Does Lifetap cause threat?' debates I've been seeing as of late. ;)

# Life Tap: This spell now benefits from effects which increase your spell damage. At rank 3 and above, the base amount of health lost and mana gained will increase by 80% of your bonus spell damage effects. Talents and items can further modify those values. Rank 1 and 2 receive reduced effect.

Thoughts?

420hp->420mana
420hp->504mana 1,3bolts

add 1.12 and 550damage

860hp->860mana
860hp->1032mana 2,7bolts (if imp lifetap is added after gear)

WHIPE
taptap hf

god i love it

ill make a macro the day b4 patch, rather not lifetap while hp is under 1k i think ;)
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gupim wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

Thoughts?

420hp->420mana
420hp->504mana 1,3bolts

add 1.12 and 550damage

860hp->860mana
860hp->1032mana 2,7bolts (if imp lifetap is added after gear)

WHIPE
taptap hf

god i love it

ill make a macro the day b4 patch, rather not lifetap while hp is under 1k i think ;)
Yeah saw that calculation too, didn't think it could kill you tho.
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Fenz wrote:Yeah saw that calculation too, didn't think it could kill you tho.
not kill you, but if im doing pvp and need to cast one spell when my hp is low i rather not tap away 800hp, it great for pve damage but will be dangerous in pvp.

btw i saw the calculation to but i had to do it myself also so i know its right ;) never trust a forum troll
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

btw.....

FULL NEMESIS FTWZORZHAXX000RR111133337777HAHA
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gratz!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

GRATS ON THE PANTIES! U PANZY!!!!!
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!