WoW addiction discuss thread

Post by Taurodomus »

http://www.twitchguru.com/2006/08/08/wo ... _addicted/

Myself i doubt WoW is addictive until i see a diagnose of research

Discuss.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Item aquisition and upgrading is addictive; it ties into basic human nature imo.

IIRC highschool correctly, Humanity started off being hunter-gatherer cavemen/nomands, then developed agriculture and settled and only then started to do complicated stuff like thinking about wheels, buildings and high-speed internet.

So Hunting for Items and Gathering Items is basic human nature that appeals more to some then others.
Some can see the eternal treadmill and say "thanks but no thanks, Ragnaros was fun and a challenge but everything after that is been-there-done-that."

Others however, can't. :|
*cough*
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

ofc you can be addictvie to a game just like you can be addictvie to any thing else. A swedish news paper claimed that 40.000 swedes in the age 12-16 would be computer game addicts. Game addiction is the lastest thing to write about before games its was tv before tv it was violent movies and before that it was rock music and so on......

It sells in the media that is what is all about
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

dude it's e-peen so you can laugh at those casual players with a social life!
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Skyly
Master of the beard

Post by Skyly »

sudo wrote:dude it's e-peen so you can laugh at those casual players with a social life!
e-peen +1
Krita säger:
Utan din penis i min röv känner jag mig halv
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

im looking at the pic of Dr. Maressa Orzack and it gives me a feeling that she too is very addictive to something...
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Meek wrote:im looking at the pic of Dr. Maressa Orzack and it gives me a feeling that she too is very addictive to something...
I don't think we have a right to make Blizzard or other game companies change their products, but that may be what this comes to, down the road.
haha lol.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Maugetar
Ruiner of Raids

Post by Maugetar »

Give the gamemarket 50 or 60 years to develope and we´ll have serious psychological dissorders as consequence of insane gaming.. :?.. Hell, just look at us now.. 6 million ppl play WoW everyday.. thats more than the entire country of Finland.....
Character is what you do in the dark. In gloom i work.
Veroth
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by Veroth »

When we start loving wow as much as that guy loves Noodles, then we can start to worry.