WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:shakes head.
im sorry to let you down mate. i really liked DP build but it had some flaws i couldnt live with. :( i still like you as a person though.

hug?
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

we where talking about SM/ruin and you go back to SL???

shame on you....
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Yeah i have been thinking for it for a while.. i can beat most allys with affliction build but vs horde its much harder because wotf counters everything almost :/

I tested SM/Ruin last night also but didnt like it at all.. so much downtime.. the good thing is while trying out my new builds i got 2 drops that gave me like 150 gold so it payed for all my respecs last night.

So i was thinking for myself what build is best for farming, instance and pvp and it was quite clear to me. So i went back home

the only thing i will really miss (now when NF is bugged and all) is the draining. Might reroll SL/NF when nightfall procs on drains again.

OK making a post on my personal experience with diffrence builds here.. for personal use mostly but maybe some people can have use for it as well: (IM NOT DONE WITH THIS YET SO NO FLAMING PLS ;) IF YOU LIKE TO ADD SOMETHING JUST WRITE IT AND I MIGHT ADD IT) (will continue to update this on first page.. will try to update it here as well)

SL/NF
PVP
Very good to draintank in pvp.. you win vs all classes. Though NF wont proc as much now because i belive its bugged (doesnt proc on draining)
PVE
Demonology keeps you up during the fights, you wont do that much dmg but u wont have agro problems either. Shadowbolts take forever and no Shadowburn
Grind
Very good for sologrinding, sac your void and you can dot drain regen forever

6/10 (no bane, no SB, Currently NF bugged)

SL/impLT/SB 7/31/13
PVP
Very good pvpbuild imo, kinda imba. You dont have imp drain but you can tank most classes and dot them to death. Also have SB as a nice finisher
PVE
I think this is the best pve build.. you have 20% threat reduct and your dmg is very ok. Also during some encounters you can up your resistance by 60, sac void for hp regen and sac succubus for 15% more shadowdmg
Grind
Slightly worse than SL/NF but still very good build.. sac void, dot and blast

9/10 (no drain otherwise perfect)

DP build (max affliction)
PVP
Kinda good in pvp but personally i dont like it in duels.. mage opens with silence and polly.. gets distance and then you dont really stand a chance.. vs allys i think it rocks. But to counterable by tWOF for my taste. Also when i have this build i always pvp with imp because thats your main pet due to its regen(dp)
PVE
Very good in PVE if you can manage agro, i personally learned better in end but had huge problems in start. Didnt get THAT much use of DP because life tap gives you more mana faster and i noticed that i didnt need that much heals either.
Grind
Very good for grinding i mean really uber. I think its better than all the builds in grinding

8/10 (no threat reduct, slow summon pets, only use imp, tWOF)

Conflagrate build
PVP
Very nice burst dmg but youre kinda fragile. I also dont like that FIRE is your main element here.. i have alot of good +shadow gear so i dont think i will spec this build again. Though it rocks in organized AB/WSG groups due to your INSANE dmg
PVE
Well you do alot of good dmg.. to fire oriented for my taste. Good for bursting but thats not what i want in instances
Grind
You kill mobs fast but u need to drink/LT alot. Big nono

6/10 (kill fast, downtime, maindmg is fire)
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Conflagrate build
PVP
Very nice burst dmg but youre kinda fragile. I also dont like that FIRE is your main element here.. i have alot of good +shadow gear so i dont think i will spec this build again. Though it rocks in organized AB/WSG groups due to your INSANE dmg
PVE
Well you do alot of good dmg.. to fire oriented for my taste. Good for bursting but thats not what i want in instances
Grind
You kill mobs fast but u need to drink/LT alot. Big nono

6/10 (kill fast, downtime, maindmg is fire)
thats my build :) 19/0/32
and you go weeeeeee!
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 5102005151
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:Yeah i have been thinking for it for a while.. i can beat most allys with affliction build but vs horde its much harder because wotf counters everything almost :/
So you respecced again for dueling purposes? :?
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:
Lateralus wrote:Yeah i have been thinking for it for a while.. i can beat most allys with affliction build but vs horde its much harder because wotf counters everything almost :/
So you respecced again for dueling purposes? :?
Nonono i just got irritated yesterday when duelling thats why it might sound like that :p. The reasons why i respecked is that i missed alot of stuff from demonology (MD and SL mostly). I still like DP build as hell though.. but i guess it didnt stuck on me liks SLbuilds did
I guess its no new news that i like to play around with builds.. maybe i should just have an alt instead? Hmm emm No :p
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus wrote:DP build (max affliction)
Grind
Very good for grinding i mean really uber. I think its better than all the builds in grinding
It offers the highest mana throughput (3k/minute), plus Siphon Life & Imp Lifetap & Shadow Mastery for extra efficiency, so it is bound to be the best at grinding. Nothing compares, and with nothing I mean no other build nor class. ;)

With my gear and spec:
Corruption: 340 mana; (822 + 547)*1.1 = 1506 dmg
CoA (not amped): 215 mana; (1044 + 547)*1.1 = 1750 dmg
Siphon Life: 365 mana; (450 + 547/2)*1.1 = 796 dmg

Given an equal amount of casts of Corruption, CoA and Siphon Life, it allows me to sustain a whopping 13213 dmg per minute* (permanent 220 dps). If I were to only use CoA (eg against low level mobs), the sustained rate rises to a staggering 24419 dmg per minute** (permanent 407 dps)! Best of all, all this can be done on the move, since all spells are insta-cast.

And this is not counting ZHC, ToEP, Amp Curse or Siphon Life health income > mana. Nerf plz. :)

* = (3000*(1506+1750+796) / (340+215+365)
** = (3000*1750 / 215)

As a comparison, the same mana income would require a SM/DS build (widely seen as the best grindbuild, unfortunately) to have 5556 hp, provided it includes Improved Lifetap. Having such a huge amount of HP will undoubtedly come at a cost of +dmg gear, which directly translates into lower efficiency. Other builds, lacking SM, can not even begin to compare.
Last edited by xen on 11 Apr 2006, 22:17, edited 2 times in total.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:
Lateralus wrote:DP build (max affliction)
Grind
It offers the highest mana throughput (3k/minute), plus Siphon Life & Imp Lifetap & Shadow Mastery for extra efficiency, so it is bound to be the best at grinding. Nothing compares, and with nothing I mean no other build nor class. ;)

With my gear and spec:

Given an equal amount of casts of Corruption, CoA and Siphon Life, it allows me to sustain a whopping 13213 dmg per minute* (permanent 220 dps). If I were to only use CoA (eg against low level mobs), the sustained rate rises to a staggering 24419 dmg per minute** (permanent 407 dps)!

And this is not counting ZHC, ToEP, Amp Curse or Siphon Life health income > mana. Nerf plz. :)

* = (3000*(1506+1750+796) / (340+215+365)
** = (3000*1750 / 215)
putting your quote on first page. noone knows this build better than u :p
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

I hate you guys (yes you aswell fenz) kkthxbye
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Nezguhl wrote:I hate you guys (yes you aswell fenz) kkthxbye
have a swedish good word for you

ömsesidigt

no go on
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Lateralus wrote:
Nezguhl wrote:I hate you guys (yes you aswell fenz) kkthxbye
have a swedish good word for you

ömsesidigt

no go on
haha thank you late and the english word(lär dej engelska [Min engelska äger] noob) for ömsesidigt is mutual(I think).

Check out the swedish grammar how you write
parentheses in parentheses
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

xen wrote: With my gear and spec:
isnt SM b4 damage gear?

corr : 903+damage
CoA : 1148+damage
siphon 495+damage

still imba tho :twisted:
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Gupim wrote:isnt SM b4 damage gear?

corr : 903+damage
CoA : 1148+damage
siphon 495+damage

still imba tho :twisted:
I've rechecked it just now for Corruption:
- with SM after: (822+547)*1.1 / 6 = 251 dmg per tick,
- with SM before: (822*1.1 + 547) / 6 = 242 dmg per tick;
My ticks did 251 dmg, confirming that, for corruption, SM is applied afterwards.

However, as a double-check, i also rechecked Siphon Life:
- with SM after: (450+547/2)*1.1 / 10 = 79 dmg per tick,
- with SM before: (450*1.1 + 547/2) / 10 = 77 dmg per tick;
And in this case my Siphon hits for 77 dmg per tick. Apparantly in this case SM is applied before dmg gear. So SM is still bugged (also not effecting CoD etc).

I can't be bothered to check everything else though, since it'd take a bit more work to figure it out for spells with a damage range (eg Shadowbolt&Burn).
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

BTW
IM

DP

HAHAHHAHAHA i rule
Cohan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Cohan »