WARLOCKS

Chit chat
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

I see your future, Ainh.

I see you rerolling to a female undead warrior wielding a big ass rank 14 pvp weapon. Hmm.

And damn that bag is huge :P
Nerf epic containers!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateraus please post the Nemesis and the doomcaller set next to each other. I probably want the entire doomcaller set but I want to have a clear overview 8)

Unless you are busy at work :lol:
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Fenz wrote:
Unless you are busy at work :lol:
:lol: :lol:
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

BTW grats Gupim on having half your screen filled with the shardbag. ;)
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

NOW IM FREE FOR 8 DAYS !! 8 FUCKING DAYS.. I WILL GRIND MY ASS OF.. AND SEE DEPECHE.. SO NO ADVANCED FORUM .. THINGS ;)
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Wing Buffet - This ability is a periodic frontal cone AoE attack, combining a powerful knockback effect as well as a significant and permanent reduction of threat for all those caught by the attack. The loss of threat associated with this ability is so severe that, if it is not dealt with appropriately, it will result in a similar "aggro ceiling" effect as that described previously for the Broodlord Lashlayer encounter.
During our last BWL visit I have been practising catching Wing Buffets. Although I still need to practise some more - yes, I died a couple of times, mostly on Firemaw - the results have been very promising. If you catch a WB every minute or so you don't have to worry about aggro at all. I did 50-100% more damage (!) as the other classes without aggro reduction skills (mainly mages/warlocks). And before you say it, yes, even when I died halfway the fight I did more damage than mages etc. :)

So I can recommend all of you to start using this as well, will make the fights abit shorter, and more importantly a bit more interesting. At least, I find applying dots every 30s somewhat boring myself.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Priority debuff system | 10/12/2005 10:00:41 AM PDT
Priority debuff system scheduled for 1.9 instead of 1.8.
The debuff priority system have not been prioritized.
:D
Jump in!
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

xen wrote:
Wing Buffet - This ability is a periodic frontal cone AoE attack, combining a powerful knockback effect as well as a significant and permanent reduction of threat for all those caught by the attack. The loss of threat associated with this ability is so severe that, if it is not dealt with appropriately, it will result in a similar "aggro ceiling" effect as that described previously for the Broodlord Lashlayer encounter.
During our last BWL visit I have been practising catching Wing Buffets. Although I still need to practise some more - yes, I died a couple of times, mostly on Firemaw - the results have been very promising. If you catch a WB every minute or so you don't have to worry about aggro at all. I did 50-100% more damage (!) as the other classes without aggro reduction skills (mainly mages/warlocks). And before you say it, yes, even when I died halfway the fight I did more damage than mages etc. :)

So I can recommend all of you to start using this as well, will make the fights abit shorter, and more importantly a bit more interesting. At least, I find applying dots every 30s somewhat boring myself.
Shouldnt this be discussed with the raids healers Xen, as always I get the feeling you dont take in account people might have the responsibility of trying to heal you, so you end up causing a snowball effect with your experiments without at least letting people know, which might have a shit effect on the outcome. :|

You should be put in charge of one of these raids and try with deal with the type of randomness like the one you are describing here.
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Flame, noone heals me, and noone has to. I can take care of myself:
- 73 hp/3s from Siphon,
- ~600 HP every 2m via DC,
- 125 hp/s with DL,
- and I use some bandages.

Besides, grabbing Wing Buffets doesn't make me take much extra damage, since I already stand in LoS to nuke anyway. WB itself causes ~600 dmg or so, which is nothing, unless I accidently get a shadowflame (still practising abit to avoid this :)). I'll once more tell healers to not heal me, but most don't do that anyway, since everyone is expected to use bandages anyway.
Jump in!
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

xen wrote:Flame, noone heals me, and noone has to. I can take care of myself:
- 73 hp/3s from Siphon,
- ~600 HP every 2m via DC,
- 125 hp/s with DL,
- and I use some bandages.

Besides, grabbing Wing Buffets doesn't make me take extra damage, unless I accidently get a shadowflame. So I'll once more tell healers to not heal me, but most don't do that anyway.
I have healed a few times mate, without you telling me I cant guess I shouldnt or have to. :) Tho perhaps I should learn to play your class, and vice versa.
I was not commenting on you getting wing buffets I was commenting on you dying. If you arranage this maybe you can get your experiments to work a bit more efficiently. The idea I get is that you end up not playing in a grp sometimes but on your own (while others consider you to be part of it and play on your character accordingly, by healing you for example), and you end up missing the whole point of the raids.
Tho I will try and point to you the other times where I have noticed you playing more on your own than with the grp.
Perhaps that's how warlocks play I suppose and I am just not aware of it.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

You Death Coil the Three Drakes in BWL? :?
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Well, the whole exercise is about being more beneficial to the raid as a whole. I find just spamming shadowbolt with pauses in between not really fun, so I like to experiment a little. :) There are a few constraints of course to the extent I can try things out, primarily that my actions shouldn't compromise the raid, or providing Blood Pact to tanks means I can't die myself or have my pet die. But since I wasn't in the MT group last raid made it a perfect opportunity to test stuff out (I let my imp die a lot on Broodlord :)). Of course, from the point of the raidleader, I can understand that you rather have less variance in people's action, in order to have a better grasp of the entire situation.

The problem in BWL is that DPS classes without aggro reduction have limits on what they can do, so one has to find ways to get around this. When I read other guilds using Wing Buffets to lower aggro I figured it was worth trying out. Of course, dying isn't exactly what's supposed to happen. :) But: even the time I died, over the whole encounter I did more damage than the second highest mage/warlock. Meaning, apart from my own repair costs, it didn't affect the raid for the worse.

And, no offense, Sneek's vids don't exactly have me tempting to play a shaman in raids. :D
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

sneek wrote:You Death Coil the Three Drakes in BWL? :?
All boss mobs are immune to the Horror effect, in effect making it just a reversed Lifetap (565 mana for ~600 hp healed).
Jump in!
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

xen wrote:And, no offense, Sneek's vids don't exactly have me tempting to play a shaman in raids. :D
I really anjoy it, unless people I (in my naive mind) am supposed to heal, are experimenting and dying consciously without me knowing why. :)