WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Get shardtracker for buttons around the minimap. And Servitude for the ultimate pet control! :twisted:
shardtracker gave me lagspikes (yes i tried with and without) and servitude.. that one i just dont like. macros ftw

so you have an answer to my question still?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Yes, Use shift 2 etc, No way all your essencial buttons can't be fitted on 4 bars.

US Macro thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 432209&p=1

Graguk knows his stuff.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Yes, Use shift 2 etc, No way all your essencial buttons can't be fitted on 4 bars.

US Macro thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 432209&p=1

Graguk knows his stuff.
actually they are :(

on shift2 i have buffs on shift 3 i have pets and other stuff on shift 4 professions. so from your reaction i can persume that there arent any of these addons?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Odd that shardtracker makes you lag since it doesn't do anything if you turn the timers and shardplacement off. I am interested in your bar setup tho :)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Odd that shardtracker makes you lag since it doesn't do anything if you turn the timers and shardplacement off. I am interested in your bar setup tho :)
Well actually it did.. i downloaded it.. tried it for one hour and found it laggy.. logged out and removed and logged in and no lag. Pretty obvious, and no i cant explain why.

My setup is pretty basic really. First i have the regular 1-0 hotkeys(drains assigned to F-V-T).. and left/right above i have assigned to diffrent hotkeys

Top left goes like this
F1(dispellmacro)-E(deathcoil)-CtrlW(shadowburn)-F4(twof)-F2(hellfire)-F3(regin of fire)-C(CoS)-X(CoE)-Z(CoT)-none-none-Y(Attack)

Top right goes like this
H(wand)-Ctrl+F(banish)-none(CoD)-H(LifeTap)->(howlofterror)-§(fear)-[-](shadowabsorbthing)

and last the 5 potions who are assigned to F5-F6-F7-F8.. all assigned except the manapot (this is one place i want more hotkeys for more potions)

And on shift 2 i have all buffs.. teleport and magewater etc
And on shift 3 i have all pets and misc stuff like Diablopet, mount(assigned to key etc)
And on shift 4 i have professions and some other misc stuff

The reason i have hidden the 2 bars on the right is because i want more space for ctraid and mt etc/dmg controls etc. Also i dont find it faster to shift2+1 to buff myself instead of clicky. NOW show me your setup. All warlocks should do this ;)

(this is raidsetup.. though i have ctraid on left and dmg controls on right now http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bwl8ih.jpg )

THERE YOU GO !!!!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Like Fenz said, just learn to love shift. I've set up my controls as follows:
(on all bars Fear/DP/LT/Cannib/WotF at the same place)

Bar1 (most used spells):
Wand, SBolt, Immo, Corr, DL, Fear, DP, LT, Defilers Talisman, RotV, Cannib, WotF
Bar2 (curses):
CoEx, CoA, CoR, CoS, CoE, Fear, DP, CoW, CoT, CoD, Cannib, WotF
Bar3 (more space):
DrainSoul, SP, Rain of Fire, Health Funnel, Drain Mana, Fear, DP, LT, ?? Cann, WotF
Bar4 (even more space):
Banish, SBurn, Hellfire, Siphon Life, HoT, Fear, DP, LT, Enslave, RotV, Cann, WotF
Bar5 (more..):
dunno, somewhere Corr rank1
Bar6 (more..):
dunno, think macros, SB rank7 somewhere, Demon Armor, Buffs etc

I've tried to keep similar spells on similar positions, so SP/SBurn/SB are all on '2', Drain Mana/Life on '5', etc. It takes a bit to get used to, but then you literally have all spells at your fingertips. :)

Edit: for pots/engi/etc I use autobar.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen wrote:
Edit: for pots/engi/etc I use autobar.
Yeah i tried to use shift keys but i rather try to bind the keys i mostly use. Thats my playstyle.. now i know yours ;) And you know mine

But maybe now a long meaningless kinda discussion ended.. did you say Autobar?? have to check that one out http://www.curse-gaming.com/modscreens.php?id=42

looks good.. does it work good as well? looks like what im looking for. can you assign hotkeys to it 2??
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Why are you monitoring the entire raids health/mana bars? Not much you can do about it anyway :)

I just use the raidinfo screen to see the mana of the priests & warlocks and how many people are dead.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Why are you monitoring the entire raids health/mana bars? Not much you can do about it anyway :)

I just use the raidinfo screen to see the mana of the priests & warlocks and how many people are dead.
because i like to have this setup.. ive gotten used to it and i find it to be a good way to see how the raid is doing. next

EDIT: cant you post your screenshot.. maybe i get a few good ideas from there
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Fenz wrote:Why are you monitoring the entire raids health/mana bars? Not much you can do about it anyway :)

Hehe, I really don't care for other people in the raid, except the MT, which I see thru Target's Target anyway. :)
I've bound the CT-Raid display to shift-tab, so I can quickly see HP's/deaths/etc whenever I want.

Screenie (with explanations):
http://www.xs4all.nl/~houtgast/wow_ui_expl.PNG

You can see some stuff in Autobar, not really filled in the screenie tho, but it's a 2-by-5 grid with stuff like Bandagas, Healthstones, Pots, Whipper Root and Grenades.

I'm testing Hitmode a bit for a nicer combatlog, I'll post the results soon.
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Thank you Xen this was kinda what i wanted :) Long way to get there though.. now i just wanna see every warlocks UI because its really fun to look around and try to improve!!

Will DL some of your stuff!!

Cheers

EDIT: what version of cooldown are you using.. i just read the latest one isnt configurable?? (im not at home im going to try em later)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

@work atm but raidinfo is a bit smaller and you can use your 2 extra bars then!1!!11

My screen is cluttered with lots of info (4 bars, multi-assist, raidinfo and damagemeters sometimes too. Will see about a SS when I get home.

Xen are the doomtimers working good now? When I tested them they were kinda buggy (other wl's corruption etc being displayed sux), I use the necrosis timers now (at least the banish timers work there)
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Lateralus, dunno what version of coolDown I'm using, but it is configurable, albeit with slash commands /coolDown lock/unlock/etc (the command is case-sensitive).

Fenz, CountDoom is working fine here, haven't encountered many problems. The only thing is that it just has room to show five dots, so sometimes you won't see all. And I think it removes curses if the mob you have targeted dies, which can be a little annoying for e.g. CoD (but I can time that one using coolDown).
Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

why is damagemeters better than recap? i just assume yall think so because everyone is using damagemeters :D
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1631

HAHA murloc instead of imp :)