SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Yeah but there's the loophole that a lot of crit'll be coming from agility as well.
Not as extreme as it is currently, mind you, but still a lot.
And apparently that type of crit, derived from agility, does not affect spells.

So it still is pretty messed up in hybrid game terms, but hey, that's what you get when you let people with a Degree design shit (yes I'm jaded).
Mortleg
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Mortleg »

seems to me you dont want a hybrid but 2 full-powered classes in one ;)
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Oh no, absolutely not.
Just desire the base to function properly, which it still doesn't. The Melee and Magic systems still don't rely on the same base stats so it's impossible without adding base easy to reach tweaks in the enhancement tree to make it work appropriately (int to attackpower is a tiny tiny facet of that).

The talents every class has defines how powerful they'll be and what their focus is.
In my perfect world-of-warcraft(tm) you'd have Enhancement innately get 200% criticals on magical spells and have spelldamage be at 60% of their attackpower and their critical rate of spells be identical to the critical rate of their melee attacks.

In that world though, Enhancement still would not be able to heal anywhere remotely near a Restoration Shaman's capacity, nor be able to nuke like an Elemental Shaman.
It'll be lousy at both those roles it wasn't specced for, even though the foundation has been equalized.
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

who gives a damn about your spell crit since every 10 secs you'll be getting a critted LaB anyways?

Furthermore, more +hit from talents will only affect white offhand hits, since you'll be getting enough from gear to max out spells. Depending on how well Static Shock pays out (or whether you'll be able to use it, at all... Water Shield) you might save some points there and put it into dw-spec.
2%/4%/6% etc. Int are just filler points, imo, even with MD ...
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

It's a tad worse then shadowpriest mechanics, Atro :)
Speaking of which, they should get crits on mindflays just like AMs and at least the option of bringing crits to 200% - but that's for the wrong thread.

Mechanics of Lavaburst have no bearing on how base mechanics of Hybrids like Druids, Shaman and Paladins (and soon, Deathknights) should work.
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

it'd be great if static shock worked like it does now on beta servers.
its really high proc rate and it blows all 6 orbs at once (Insane börst!1) :P
they might have hofixed it now though :(

oh and just because we can get a lava burst crit every 10sec, if theres a not yet consumed flameshock on the target, doesnt mean we dont need any spell crit rating :s
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

psythe wrote:it'd be great if static shock worked like it does now on beta servers.
its really high proc rate and it blows all 6 orbs at once (Insane börst!1) :P
they might have hofixed it now though :(

oh and just because we can get a lava burst crit every 10sec, if theres a not yet consumed flameshock on the target, doesnt mean we dont need any spell crit rating :s
psythe wrote:yeah but how usefull would elemental focus be with the spell crit rate you have on an enhancement shaman?
( ive never played above lv60 so i dont know ;P )
and if spirit wolves are worth their ponts i'd rather take the build i have posted above yours :)

Who said that your spell crit wouldn't be needed? I merely counter-argumented your statement about EF being useless by stating it's a guaranteed free 40% mana on each spell you cast (depending on your shock rotation, maybe only on 2/3 spells).

I don't think "hybrids" (who ain't? Priests, Warriors anyone) need a base 200% crit dmg, especially not Enhancements / Retris for obvious reasons :)

Compared to Spriests who didn't get any goodies yet (lets see what the revamp brings) I wouldn't mind Shamans in their current state now :)
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

oh i must've misunderstood your post then :P

but the 40% reduced mana cost on an alreay 60% reduced mana spell doesnt seem all that usefull though. i mean, shocks will be the ones taking the clear cast charges most of the time. unless you crit like a mf so you can get a new maelstorm proc before having used up your clear cast.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Combat ratings for L80 were doctored out on EJs with the remark that they might change, obviously.
They're not official but a very good bet that they're at least damned close.
Shaman function now like Rogues and Hunters; same agi-to-crit conversion rates, etc.

Using L80 conversion ratings...
So, 83 agi is one critical strike % for melee.
And 46 crit rating is one critical strike % for both melee and spells.

The 20 att/10 crit WICKED cut (orange) is 20 attackpower and 0.22 critical % for both melee and spells.
The 20 crit SMOOTH cut (yellow) is 0.44 critical % for both melee and spells.
The 20 agility DELICATE cut (red) is 20 attackpower and 0.25 critical % for melee.

I'd guess ATTACKPOWER and CRITICAL STRIKE is definately preferable over AGILITY, even in raiding.
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

sneek wrote:Combat ratings for L80 were doctored out on EJs with the remark that they might change, obviously.
They're not official but a very good bet that they're at least damned close.
Shaman function now like Rogues and Hunters; same agi-to-crit conversion rates, etc.

Using L80 conversion ratings...
So, 83 agi is one critical strike % for melee.
And 46 crit rating is one critical strike % for both melee and spells.

The 20 att/10 crit WICKED cut (orange) is 20 attackpower and 0.22 critical % for both melee and spells.
The 20 crit SMOOTH cut (yellow) is 0.44 critical % for both melee and spells.
The 20 agility DELICATE cut (red) is 20 attackpower and 0.25 critical % for melee.

I'd guess ATTACKPOWER and CRITICAL STRIKE is definately preferable over AGILITY, even in raiding.
But what about BoK/other possible %age stat gains ?
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

BoK makes agility superiour for raiding, like it does now, so it should then aswell.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

I don't know, that depends on how big a chunk the spelldamage dealt by an EnhaSham will be in a raiding setting.

Kings will amp agi to 24 agi, or 24 attackpower and 0.30 critical % for melee.
It still doesn't affect spell critical chance so that's a downside.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

MMO-Champion released the Naxxramas-10 sets.
I compared the other melee classes/specs sets with the Enhancement one.
Shaman here gains attackpower through intellect on gear, which is a early 3-pointer talent that noone with a functioning brain would skip if he were to spec their Shaman to Enhancement.

Shaman: 946 attack (an additional 218 attack from intellect on gear not included), 72 expertise (-2.2%), 112 hit (+3.4%), 167 critical (+3.6% and agi is another +3.4% totaling ~7% physical critical), 26 haste (+0.8%).
Rogue: 924 attack, 37 expertise (-1.1%), 70 hit (+2.1%), 189 critical (+4.1% and agi is another +4.0% totaling ~8% physical critical), 124 haste (+4.2%).
Warrior: 690 attack, 105 expertise (-3.2%), 85 hit (+2.6%), 284 critical (+6.2%), 476 armor penetration.
Paladin: 702 attack, 68 hit (+2%), 222 critical (+4.8%), 232 haste (+7.9%).
Deathknight: 692 attack, 101 hit (+3%), 309 critical (+6.7%), 131 haste (+4.5%).
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

innnnnnsaaaaaaaaaane burst on those wolfs.. NERF