High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Disenchanted my 7pieces of dreadmist 2days ago :D :) :( :evil:
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Plainly wrong. I have no idea about Dark pact yet, but I know your spirit based mana regen works at 100% while casting lifetap. Therefore you regen mana a lot faster if you lifetap constantly to near-full mana, rather than lifetap twice after each shadow bolt and never regen any mana based on spirit. Even with the pitifully low spirit most locks have, this is a significant difference over a long fight.

While I wouldn't support lifetapping down to below 1000 hp, I am all for lifetapping from full hp down to 2k all at once if I need that much mana.
Good tip.
Jump in!
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

xen wrote:
Plainly wrong. I have no idea about Dark pact yet, but I know your spirit based mana regen works at 100% while casting lifetap. Therefore you regen mana a lot faster if you lifetap constantly to near-full mana, rather than lifetap twice after each shadow bolt and never regen any mana based on spirit. Even with the pitifully low spirit most locks have, this is a significant difference over a long fight.

While I wouldn't support lifetapping down to below 1000 hp, I am all for lifetapping from full hp down to 2k all at once if I need that much mana.
Good tip.
Nice, didnt know that, must say i normaly lifetap twice to get 3 new bolts but ill guess i wont do that any more.
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Last time i spoke to Lateralus he was thinking about a NF/DS/shadowburn build....and ive felt an itch ever since :D

from my current 7/21/23 to

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0100000000

Last two points in imp life tap or maybe grim reach, but i think it will be imp life tap since i will lose 4 points in cataclysm that i have now (only 4% mana reduction but in long fights everything helps) and i have imp life tap in my current build.

This way i will still have DS for nuking power/life regen while farming but not the high crits that sometimes can draw aggro (when our tanks are undertanking and the shamans hasnt put out the Tranquil Totem)

I think i will miss Destructive Reach most but i think i can live without it, in BWL we are always close to our targets and everything else is a walk in the park anyway.

If you cant come up with any really negative things i think i give it a try soon.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I would not put the last 2 points in + reach because then your dest. range and aff. range are different wich I found odd when I had that.

Improved lifetap ftw :)

I am hanging on to SL myself.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Some suggestions:
- I wouldn't take Imp DL, I think it's not affected by +dmg gear, so it's only +6 DPS. I would put the points in 2/2 Imp LT (higher DPS in long fights) and 3/5 Suppression (good for PVP, since people won't be able to resist Aff&DC).
- I'm always uncomfortable with points in Demonology, I feel some are useless. E.g. Fel Intellect, why did you take that one, when you're mostly DSing anyway. I think I'd max Imp VW and Imp Succy, for the occasions you end up using them after all.
- Affliction whore that I am, I would place the last points ofc there, Amp Curse is nice for CoA, or maybe Grim Reach. It's always good to be able to DC from further away.

Lateralus also asked me what I thought about the spec, and it seems like a very nice one. I've also thought about taking it for a while, I think it's quite similar to my current 31/8.12. You basically trade high-end affliction for demonology. You get the mana recharge via DS instead of DP, and as a bonus you get Imp HS, somewhat improved pets, and fast summons. Personally, I just like CoEx, SM, siphon and being able to have my pets out more. :)
Jump in!
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Some good pointers.

I will stick with imp life tap

Didnt think about that imp DL isnt affected by +damage gear (havent had affliction for so long now :? ) so ill go for 3/5 suppression

As you say xen, demonology is alot of useless point and the way i play i never find myself using the vw other than the seconds i have lag before i can sacrifice him :)
Ive had full imp succy and unholy power b4 and its great for farming but i never find myself in any situations where it would be better than sacced vw anymore.

One thing i do sometimes is letting my imp burst out his mana on mobs/bosses in mc so thats why i put the points there now, almost doesnt makes any differance but at least i use it sometimes.

1 point in amp curse is nice and the last point could go to +1% crit devastation

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 1100000000
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Damn you all for lighting the respec fire! 8)

I am thinking about this (Gupim's old spec, dunno if it is exactly the same)

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122000100
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I'm not sure if they finally fixed Imp Firebolt, so that it really shoots one bolt/second. You'd have to check the forum for it. It used to be that the first one did, but then global cooldown kicked in, so in effect it was almost the same as 1/2. And I'd put two points in Suppression.

BTW, we are nearing 6k views. :)
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I read it was fixed (the imp nuking).

New spec Idea:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5100005100

I love immolate ;)
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Hm, if you invest so much in Destruction it's a crime to not take Conflagrate imo. :)
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

xen wrote:Hm, if you invest so much in Destruction it's a crime to not take Conflagrate imo. :)
Then it would turn into this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5100005151

8)
Maara
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Maara »

I prolly like this one best : http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 5122000100

Why?

Because i must have demonic sacrifice because its sooo good when grinding and thats like all i do .. grind grind grind. But i dont think i can live without the drains and thats why i have my eye on this build atm (feel free to comment):

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0100000000

About conflagrate.. i love this skill but i really wanna focus on being a shadowdmg dealer so thats why i dont wanna mix up with fire (pretendmage) tbh. Though it does rock as hell.. its a very nice build if u have alot of +dmg and not +shadowdmg items.

The only question i have now though is.. do i want to give up Master Demonologist

//Lateralus on Maaras acc ;)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

No nightfall in yours, I woul try to squeeze that in ;)
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I wouldn't max Suppression if you're not full Affliction. Two or three points are enough to offset the standard 5% miss chance (against equal level targets of course). Put those points in Nightfall instead.

Also, it'd be nice if someone took 1/2 Imp Healthstone, so we can have three of them at once. :)
Jump in!