So, SM wants do do some oldschool PvP eh?

Chit chat
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

capture the gnome?
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

sudo wrote:capture the gnome?
what would we do with the gnome after we catch it Sudo? Amidas suitcase movie comes to mind :D
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Kibs wrote:CENARION HOLD !!&
:(
Gimme a break.
Whatever crap flies around CH sure as heck isn't World PvP, it isn't even proper PvP.

Just mess where folks are trying to "get even" with the injustice that's done to them by killing folks wearing the same guildtag as the perpetrator.
Or abusing the "security" that a town should provide by killing without reprisal.

If our raids would start faster we'd see less crap flying around CH as well.
Folks who are bored are prolly the worst out of the lot :)

That so-hyped world PvP is nothing more then the glorified memories of people preying on grinders/farmers or a group of 5 hardcore players schooling a group of 10 casual once-in-a-week players trying to get into Stratholme or some other circumstances in which a group of 5 takes on "all of Sorrow Hill". Right, nice work, killing 10 solo players as an oiled an communicating team of 5.

If anything, I hope the "cool exciting new PvP feature" that blues announced for 1.12 will be PvP matchmaking as they call it - which allows us to pick and choose fights with premade teams in AV, AB, WSG or whatever.
Would solve a lot, add challenge and meaning :)

Anyway, only objective that would work in outdoor group vs group would be last man standing, I guess.
Unless you want to do something kinky like "Kill/Protect Rexxar".
I'm sure folks doing their Onyxia quest would loooooooove a PvP battle centered around that goal :?
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

hows blasted lands for pvp battle? thats fairly empty right?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

well one could use the mobs there to ones advantage and so forth why not just pick a lowbie zone preferably one thats not contested so lowbies wont get caught up in it unless they dont stay the hell away from the AoE, take mulgore for example noone spends much time there and lvl 9 mobs wont affect the outcome of a fight
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

wondering how many lvl 60 hordes will think its a city raid though and flock to TB to go and kill svea? (there is stil lowbies doing the quests in mulgore i think)

if its 20+ vs 20+ i have a hard time seeing how you use the mobs in blasted lands to your advantage?

all you really have to do to avoid them is standing on the road imo.

termus the devourer might become a problem though. unless we all agree that when he comes close we all stop attacking each other for a sec and go for the dragon?
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gorlom wrote:wondering how many lvl 60 hordes will think its a city raid though and flock to TB to go and kill svea? (there is stil lowbies doing the quests in mulgore i think)

if its 20+ vs 20+ i have a hard time seeing how you use the mobs in blasted lands to your advantage?

termus the devourer might become a problem though. unless we all agree that when he comes close we all stop attacking each other for a sec and go for the dragon?
I don't mind having (difficult) mobs nearby, extra dimension imo 8)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Cohan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Cohan »

Dont jinx it Fenz, Svea probally has warlocks too
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

Fenz wrote:
Gorlom wrote:wondering how many lvl 60 hordes will think its a city raid though and flock to TB to go and kill svea? (there is stil lowbies doing the quests in mulgore i think)

Isnt that the whole point of outdoor pvp? Using the terrain to your advantage? I know that i've used positioning and mobs to my advantage countless times when fighting outdoor. Smart players keep stuff like that in mind ;)
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

smart players also dont bid 143 :P
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Cohan wrote: Dont jinx it Fenz, Svea probally has warlocks too
HAHAHA

i think lowlevel areas would be cool for this.. open lands like barrens, mulgore or a similar place on ally side (dont know them all by name).

maybe we can just start with some kind of massslaughter and advance after that (other day or so)
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

sudo wrote:smart players also dont bid 143 :P
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Zilver
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Zilver »

sudo wrote:smart players also dont bid 143 :P
another one added to the shitlist, you just wait!
Remember, remember, the 6th of December,
The patch day treason and plot.
I see no reason, for BT and Cleavin',
Since Tseric wants us to spec Prot.
rmz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by rmz »

HAHA
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Slam dunk but please stay on topic!

Using mobs in your fights is like Alterac Valley you know ;)
Some people like it, most despise it. Talk about huge healer aggro.