WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

This is some ( alot actually :lol: ) information about affliction pre 3.1:

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-dots ... ck_thread/
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Raniz wrote:I'm having trouble choosing between spellstone and firestone for my lock..

He's affli so most of his damage comes from dots, but shadow bolt still contributes a major part and I get more benefit from crit than I get from haste.

Any pointers?

Edit:
This is most likely the build I'll go with in 3.1
I was a bit unsure about where to put the final point so it ended up in Fel Synergy just to keep my pet alive, but I was thinking about putting it into Shadowburn instead, any comments?

More edit:
Major Glyphs to go with this spec will be:
Glyph of Curse of Agony
Glyph of Life Tap
Glyph of Haunt
I chose not to take Glyph of Corruption because I think the above three are all superior.
i think aikon is using spellstone and he is affliction.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

I've made some adjustments to my spec after reading the thread on elitist jerks.
new spec
Same glyphs as before and lifetapping every 20s to keep the buff from the glyph up.

I'm still unsure whether haste > crit since corruption, ua and sb crits for 100% and haste won't affect damage from any of my dots but only GCD when refreshing curse/ua/haunt and damage from SB (and DS when boss is < 25%)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Sooo what specs will you go gents? I plan to go destro for pvp and demo for pve/farming
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:Sooo what specs will you go gents? I plan to go destro for pvp and demo for pve/farming
Raidbuff spec (spellpower buff) for pve. Demo/destro for pvp 0/51/20 probably.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

At least ill try something like that to begin with, alltho i suspect ill respec ALOT more now than before :p
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

have 2-3 destro specs to try out before i decide.
also, is the talent tree on mmo-champion.com the final build/verison?

*edit

this is one of em:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock ... rsion=9767

here is another one with replenishment for the raid:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock ... rsion=9767
Last edited by Meek on 14 Apr 2009, 16:25, edited 3 times in total.
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

Meek wrote:have 2-3 destro specs to try out before i decide.
also, is the talent tree on mmo-champion.com the final build/verison?
it is afaik
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

also, dunno what glyph is best, -2secs cooldown on chaosbolt, or +20% dmg on imps firebolt.
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Meek wrote:also, dunno what glyph is best, -2secs cooldown on chaosbolt, or +20% dmg on imps firebolt.
If you're comparing chaosbolt with ~8.33% increase versus imp with 20% increase chaosbolt will probably win. The downside with the glyph is that damage from your other direct damage spells will decrease since you're casting more chaos bolts.

Glyph of Imp will be a flat 20% increase in your imp's damage.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Read EJ's Meek!

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t53164-pve_ ... um_v3_1_a/
Glyphs
- Glyph of Life Tap This new glyph massively boosts our dps and gets worked into our cycle.

- Glyph of Conflagrate Add in this to the new Conflag glyph is self explanatory.

- Glyph of Immolate It boosts immolate's damage, as well as conflag's, double win!

- use Glyph of Incinerate until you can attain Glyph of Lifetap.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Fenz wrote:Read EJ's Meek!

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t53164-pve_ ... um_v3_1_a/
Glyphs
- Glyph of Life Tap This new glyph massively boosts our dps and gets worked into our cycle.

- Glyph of Conflagrate Add in this to the new Conflag glyph is self explanatory.

- Glyph of Immolate It boosts immolate's damage, as well as conflag's, double win!

- use Glyph of Incinerate until you can attain Glyph of Lifetap.
yeah ive been thinking of lifetap, but man. another spell to add to the rotation! :(
and i dont see why you would use the conflag glyph for something other then pvp.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

and i dont see why you would use the conflag glyph for something other then pvp.
Dear Lord :shock:

Because it rocks:

* Glyph of Conflagrate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.

Some comments about it:

- This glyph is amazing. It changed the Destro rotation so much, and it was all for the better. All you need to do now is keep Immo and CoA up, pop Conflag and Chaos Bolt on every cooldown, and Incinerate in the middle and you're gravy. It's really nice.

- i love this glyph now, cast immolate then immediately cast conflagrate for a backdraft proc, then once conflas cd is done cast it again and by that time ur ready for a new immolate. works great with glyph of immolate as stated above. the two glyphs combined were a great boost to my dps.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Fenz wrote:
Dear Lord :shock:

Because it rocks:

* Glyph of Conflagrate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.

Some comments about it:

- This glyph is amazing. It changed the Destro rotation so much, and it was all for the better. All you need to do now is keep Immo and CoA up, pop Conflag and Chaos Bolt on every cooldown, and Incinerate in the middle and you're gravy. It's really nice.

- i love this glyph now, cast immolate then immediately cast conflagrate for a backdraft proc, then once conflas cd is done cast it again and by that time ur ready for a new immolate. works great with glyph of immolate as stated above. the two glyphs combined were a great boost to my dps.
yeah i know, i guess i will try out their rotation now when the new patch has come since there will be new possible rotations with the revamp of the talent tree.
last time i did, i cant say i was impressed tough.