FFS not even a week and they nerf Art of War already WTF is wrong with them
new talent tree
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Upcoming Paladin changes

Post by Nerwen »

Quote from: Ghostcrawler (Source)

Here are some things we are looking at right now. You may not agree with them all, but I will share them with you in the hopes of making you feel better about your class, and maybe even getting you excited again. I also can't promise they are final because it's still the sort of thing we're wrestling with, and I don't want to disappoint anyone if it doesn't work out or we change our minds. Okay, massive caveats out of the way:

* We'd like to do something else with Kings. I don't know that a core ability is the answer, but burying it deep in Prot, when Prot warriors would just as soon play with BoSanc, doesn't feel great either.
* We'd like to mess around with the top 2 tiers of all 3 trees, still encouraging you to cross-spec a little, but making that initial bite into the upper tier more tasty instead of just an icky appetizer to get the what you really want down deeper.
* I think Beacon of Light is starting to feel pretty good. It may be a little OP right now, but I think we can get it in a good place. (I'm sorry, but I don't know if you have the version I'm talking about or not.)
* We'd like to get Vengeance back to 3 stacks, because that just feels more fun than 2. I can almost assure you that it won't be at 15% total damage -- that is hugely generous for 5 talent points, and would normally be budgeted at more like 15 talent points. If I had to guess, it will end up at something like 3 talent points for 1 / 2 / 3% that stacks up to 3 times (so 9% at 3 stacks). That is still over-inflated for 3 talent points. I understand that your dps used to depend on Vengeance. We'll just have to buff it in other ways. Death Knights will get the exact same treatment, whatever it ends up being.
* JotW was changed to support the new party buff system and it needs to keep that role. That is one of the main reasons why a group would want to take a Ret pally over another dps class. I understand your mana was dependent on this ability. We'll just have to buff that in other ways as well. Having too many talents that just lower mana costs feel like a band-aid, so we'd rather not overdo that route. Instead we'd just like to make sure you have enough mana. The new Divine Plea is one mechanic here (it works more like Blood Rage than Evocate now), but it's not the only one.
* Deep Ret and deep Prot need 1 or 2 more cool talents. We'll carve out room by bundling or just swapping out some of the current talents.

I hope you take this little view into our current thought process in the spirit that it's given. Sometimes we regret talking about stuff that isn't final because it ends up coming back to bite us. But I also thought it wouldn't hurt to cheer you up a little either, so hopefully something I've said will do that.

P.S. Sounds really scary :)
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

New paladin changes

Post by Nerwen »

Talents

Divine Storm (Tier 11) mana cost reduced.
The Art of War moved from Tier 9 to Tier 7 and changed to 2 ranks. It now increases the critical strike damage of your Judgement, Crusader Strike and Divine Storm abilities by 10/20% and when these abilities critically hit the cast time of your next Flash of Light is reduced by 0.75/1 sec.
Sanctified Seals moved from Tier 7 to Tier 4.
Divine Purpose moved from Tier 7 to Tier 5 and changed to 2 ranks. It now reduces your chance to be hit by spells and ranged attacks by 2/4% and gives your Hand of Freedom spell a 50/100% chance to remove any Stun effects on the target.
Vengeance (Tier 6) changed to 3 ranks and now stacks up to 3 times.
Judgements of the Wise moved from Tier 6 to Tier 7 and now your Judgement spells have a 33/66/100% chance to grant the Replenishment effect to up to 10 party or raid members mana regeneration equal to 0.5% of their maximum mana per second, and to immediately grant you 20% of your maximum mana.
Sheath of Light moved from Tier 5 to Tier 9.
Improved Retribution Aura moved from Tier 4 to Tier 6.
Crusade (Tier 4) now increases all damage done by 1/2/3% in addition to its previous effect.
Seal of Command (Tier 3) damage reduced. (Check talent list for details)
Pursuit of Justice (Tier 3) no longer reduces chance for spells to hit you. Instead, it reduces the duration of disarm effects by 25/50%.
Deflection moved from Tier 2 to Tier 1.
Improved Blessing of Might moved from Tier 1 to Tier 2. It now is 2 ranks and increases the effect of Blessing of Might by 12/25%.
Benediction (Tier 1) changed to reduce the mana cost of all instant cast spells by 2/4/6/8/10%.

New Talent Trees
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Been trying the din lately in wotlk beta prot and holy mostly.
Think i might level him first anyway in wotlk and just use rested xp for the dk. With tanking atm the dk is way more of a pita to keep rotations up especially with missing atm then a prot din. And i like in overal the new healing changes especially with potions gone.

Not sure what is new with this patch and what been implemented the last 6 months or so on live but prot is pretty nice with the new blessing of sanctuary giving mana on block. Basiacly if yer tanking 2/3 mobs at once you dont go out of mana quick even when stacking avoidance to the limit. Instant avenger shield and new hammer of the righteous is nice too.The divine shield talent in prot seems very interesting for high end raids too maybe a bit op too at first looks. With just a mix of t5/4 tanking gear i was way over 100% combined avoidance with block with holy shield so basiacly being immune to melee mobs at the first wotlk zone with just 440 block total.

Holy seems to be much nicer even when spamming hl you don't go oom that fast. Mana regen is still important though. If you can you will prolly be using fol or the new instant holy shock from 40 yards now which heals quite a bit more then fol. Beacon of light basiacly lets you heal 2 targets for the price of 1. Real aoe healing will still be hard it seems though for a din.

Ret i haven't tried myself but reports are that they rival or are even better in healing in raids then holy atm with judgements of the wise giving them the manaregen spot i guess in raids and prolly wont ever go oom in raids themselves.

Prot dps in full tank gear was still pretty bad in first starter zone about 500/600 dps. Heal dps however was reaching almost 1k dps almost the same as my dk :P.
Overal i like the new judgement system too still have to get used to it though.
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Trying out the premade 80 on some test dummies in prot spec but with dps premade gear was reaching around 1k dps on boss dummy and 1500 on level 80 dummy. This was ofcourse without holy shield doing anything cause the dummy does not hit back ;p.
Pretty nice with the new prot skills that dont rely on getting hit and with them scaling off attackpower more then spellpower. Finally you arent penalized on threat for equipping a true tank weapon instead of a spellpower weapon.
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

I have been retri the last two months and I tryed retri on PTR and it looks really nice, holy they have improved thinks a bit but still u are very easily spell locked.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Nerwen wrote:I have been retri the last two months and I tryed retri on PTR and it looks really nice, holy they have improved thinks a bit but still u are very easily spell locked.
fake cast
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

holy paladin is missing a major way of playing around on arenas
druid cyclones , priest mana burns and paladin does what fake cast ????
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Nerwen wrote:holy paladin is missing a major way of playing around on arenas
freedom!
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

Nerwen wrote:holy paladin is missing a major way of playing around on arenas
HoJ !
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

bubblehearth imo!
Raniz
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Raniz »

Versus wrote:bubblehearth imo!
They'd have to change it for the arena then.

Bubblehearth: Activates Divine Shield and Hearthstone at the same time. In the arenas it teleports you on top of your target so he cannot see you for the next 5 minutes. While you are teleported you may not move and will follow your opponent, who is in melee range. Your opponent will also take 500 crushing damage every second.
2 min cooldown.

There, that won't be overpowered at all.
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

everything is so easy when is not your class
psythe
General
General

Post by psythe »

Nerwen wrote:everything is so easy when is not your class
shamans have the same problem aswell imo