WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Warlocks in PvE
We're generally happy with locks for PvE too. I think the rotations are more interesting than they were in BC and it's nice to see Affliction up there with Destro. Demo is probably still too low, but see below.

As I've suggested before, there are a few things we are looking at on the PvE side of locks:

- Get shards into a place that is more interesting and less of a hassle. We have two models we're considering. One is very cool, but a huge change to gameplay, which might mean it has to wait. The other is more of a quick fix that we'd do until we can implement the very cool model.

- Simplify Affliction's rotation a little bit. This might involve making dots last a more uniform duration (so you didn't feel that external mods were mandatory) or just reducing the number of spells you're expected to cast.

- Locks are still built a lot around damage over time, but a lot of fights just aren't lasting a long time. This might mean locks needs some more options for quick damage, or the problem might fix itself in Ulduar.

- We're a lot happier with demons in LK, but we still have some work to do. The Voidwalker, Succubus and maybe the short-term demons aren't quite there yet. Improving demons should also help kick Demonology up a notch.
There are a couple of awkward places in the talent trees still.

Note that I am only talking PvE here. Some of these changes will help PvP too, but some of the lock problems in PvP will require different solutions too.
I do not mind buffing the casters damage with my FG but at least they acknowledged that Demo damage is a bit behind the other 2 speclines. I want a debuff on my FG maybe a melee/cast speed debuff ;).
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Late, I am gonna test this guys add-on: Seems nice.

http://wowmb.net/forums/f23/29260-new_dot_timer/
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

ForteXorcist = win

Very very customable.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... rlock.html

The timers currently have limited support for Death Knights, Druids, Priests, Mages, Hunters, Shamans and Warriors and of course full support for Warlocks.

Update: a new version was released yesterday 06-01-09.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Are the Warlock changes in patch 3.0.8 or 3.1 ?
There are changes in both. We will try and announce the 3.0.8 changes soon (tm). Those changes are mostly PvP survival considerations.

The PvP changes are not big sweeping changes but they should help. Depending on when the patch is you might be able to try them on the PTR.

Larger changes will wait for the Ulduar patch. Most of those are what we call quality-of-life issues. Cleaning up some talents that don't quite cut it and some of the spells that don't seem to have a clear role. Destro and Affliction dps look like they are pretty good right now. Demonology needs a little boost. (Source)
Aikon
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Aikon »

Buffs ?! From EU forums.
Warlocks

Demon Armor and Demon Skin: Armor increased by approximately 120%.

Demonic Circle: The teleport now clears all snare effects.

Drain Mana: Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.

Emberstorm: Now works with Conflagrate.

Ritual of Summoning: Will now create a summoning portal object which can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.

BUG FIXES

Corruption will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.

Create Healthstone: Attempting to create a healthstone when you already have one no longer consumes mana or triggers the cooldown of this ability.

Demonic Circle: Teleport: the button for this ability will now darken when the Warlock is out of range of the Demonic Circle and will light up when the Warlock is in range.

Demon Power Scaling: Spell power gained from spirit via the Fel Armor ability will now properly affect the scaling of spell power and attack power on summoned demons.

Drain Mana: This spell will no longer cancel when the target?s mana poll is low or the caster?s mana poll is full. It also now generates a very small amount of threat instead of no threat.

Everlasting Affliction: Will now calculate correct damage values for Corruption when it is refreshed in all cases.

Haunt: Will now gain correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target. In addition, this ability is now limited to a single target as intended. This also now works properly when refreshed on its current target.

Mana Feed: This talent will no longer sometimes fire for warlocks who do not have the talent.

Master Conjuror: Tooltip revised to indicate it does not increase the damage bonuses of Firestones or Spellstones.

Metamorphosis: The bonus armor effect from this ability will now calculate properly and interact correctly with armor buffs and debuffs.

Ritual of Doom: A Doomguard summoned with this spell will now scale properly from its master?s stats.

Shadow Embrace: This ability will now create a separate debuff stack for each Warlock with the talent, and each warlock will benefit properly from his or her own debuff.

Shadow of Death: This ability will no longer cause tracking abilities to become inactive when the death knight becomes a ghoul.

Soul Siphon: Will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.

Twisted Faith: This talent will no longer sometimes cause Shadow Word: Pain to fail due to a more powerful spell being in effect.

Unstable Afflcition: Will now gain the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Aikon wrote:Demonic Circle: The teleport now clears all snare effects.
One of the biggest Warlock Arena buffs like evah!! SWEET!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Lateralus wrote:
nice, one thing i cant seem to get used to is that when u teleport u always face in the direction you were when casted the circle.
instead i would like it to summon you, facing the current direction before casting the teleport.
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Meek wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
nice, one thing i cant seem to get used to is that when u teleport u always face in the direction you were when casted the circle.
instead i would like it to summon you, facing the current direction before casting the teleport.
yeah thought about that also
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Lateralus wrote:
oh just noticed that it didnt break stun, lol how high was i
not so sweet anymore then..
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Glyph of Conflagrate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Just have to wait a couple of months....

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/28/1431877 ... wait-.html
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Fenz wrote:
Glyph of Conflagrate - Your Conflagrate spell no longer consumes your Immolate or Shadowflame spell from the target.
first i went : ) then i went :I
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

The changes we got in for 3.0.8 (aside from some general bug fixes) were mostly designed to help locks survive longer in PvP. I don't think you have all of the changes yet -- for instance we very recently juiced up pet health for some pets. I start to lose track of which changes are on the PTR versus changes we've announced that you haven't seen yet versus changes we haven't announced. Once 3.0.8 ships this will all be a lot clearer.

For 3.1 we are probably going to make some larger changes to the class. I still don't want to oversell these. A popular yet cynical phrase among players is that their class needs to be rebuilt from the ground up (though I see this with probably every class, which is slightly amusing). We are not deleting the warlock and starting over. We are not doing that with any class and probably never will. We do want to smooth out some rough edges of the class though. A few things that I have said we want to look at are:

1) Improve deep Demonology for PvP and PvE.
2) Make Affliction feel less dependent on dot timers and other external mods (nothing wrong with the mods -- we just think it's getting harder and harder to play the spec with the default UI).
3) Take a hard look at Soul Shards.
4) Take a hard look at the way pets scale.

source
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4384&sid=1
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Warlock Newsletter 2009-01-16:
blue wrote: Kidney Shot: This ability now has diminishing returns against all other stuns
\o/
blue wrote: Warlock Pets: Some pets were not properly classified to receive correct creature scaling for Wrath of the Lich King. Their health and damage done will now be higher.
Schneel
Champion
Champion

Post by Schneel »

Lateralus wrote:Warlock Newsletter 2009-01-16:
blue wrote: Kidney Shot: This ability now has diminishing returns against all other stuns
Atleast they put CS on it's on DR. So not really a rogue nerf, more a arena combo nerf. :P Guess it means we might dump 5cb's for nothing in bg's sometimes tho. :P