WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Kerz
Champion
Champion

Post by Kerz »

Any idea's for good Aff or Destro talent builds i wanne try some out:)
Oke no more beer for me
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kerz wrote:Any idea's for good Aff or Destro talent builds i wanne try some out:)
With your gear, take affliction, draintank build imo. Will post a build later.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

How to play your warlock in SP?
Kalecgos:
Basic tank and spank fight.
Make sure to keep your curses up on both dragon on demon, recast CoR when you go out of the Demon realm.
Talent wise everything is fine here(in the destro tree)
Nether Protection works on Sathrovarr's shadowbolt volley and apparently on the initial Curse of Boundless agony - still applying the curse but immune to the first ticks.

Brutallus:
Ideally you will end up with spriest/shaman/(MT healing pala) in a group.
With increasing gear level, threat will be a major issue in this fight.
Once you feel that you do way too much startup DPS, make the shaman use tranquility totem for 40-60 seconds.
Shatter and use Wrath of Air again.
Don't shatter too early just because you popped all your CDs and got 5 big crits in, you´ll be gimped later on usually.

What does Nether Protection do in this fight?
Nether protection can proc of the Meteor Slash hit.
You will get damage, but if it procs you will not get the/an additional debuff.
It does not remove debuffs.
It does not proc of Burn.
For the rare case of Brutallus casting Slash and immediately afterwards trying to Burn you, Burn will not be applied as you are in fact immune to the spell.(This is just very rare, don't expect to see this often)

Felmyst:
With a proper group, tank and managing of CDs warlocks are superior DPS on this fight.
Group: Shaman for tranq, whatever group buff you can get(boomkin, eleshaman..)
You will not need a shadowpriest in this fight(don't bother arguing with mages about it).

Downphase 1:
Let the tank get a slight lead. If you have a DPS heavy group, feel free to Bloodlust(again, the tank needs to be able to handle that!) at ~15 seconds before take off.
Keep nuking her in the air for both beams, then CoD and Soul Shatter.

Downphase 2:
Continue heavy DPS, don't waste a BL in this phase as you will reach the threat cap soon again.
Continue nuking while she goes into the air, remember to go to 110% max if you want to play it safe - or up to 130% if you know what you are doing.

Downphase 3:
Soul shatter will be ready by the end of P3 again.
Grab yourself another BL in the group as you go towards the shatter CD and keep nuking in the air again. CoD, shatter.

Downphase 4:
You will want her to be at ~28-30% max! when she comes down now(depending on people alive and other factors).
All out nuke festival.

Eredar Twins:
Nether Protection helps a real load in this fight, unless you are the tanking warlock.
Quoting [Warlock] PVE Raiding Compendium
- If it procs off the Shadow Images Shadowfury, you take the damage but gain immunity to the stun effect.
- If it procs off Flame Sear you become immune to some of the ticks after the initial one, meaning you'll be taking less periodic damage (for example, 600 instead of 1700 per tick) until a Shadow nova clears it off you. Same thing goes for Shadow strike, you gain immunity to some of the dot ticks and therefore less -healing debuffs are applied on you.

Tanking warlocks:
If you do Alythess first, the thing you have to worry about is threat > stamina.
You will have plenty of healers taking care of your HP(a single paladin *cough*) and all the DPS standing there feeling slightly useless as they are threat capped. It´s important to get a good rhythm into your searing pains, and with increasing gear you will find it way easier, even adding 2 SP in a single Blaze cast.

If you do Sacrolash first, you will want to minimize any error that could require you to take additional healing.
Move quick from blazes, make sure to cleanse your debuffs in time and build as much threat as you can meanwhile.
While basic DPS gear is very fine for tanking her(after a bunch of practice attempts/kills), some stamina + spellhit gear helps surviving P2.
In P2 its imperative to cleanse your stacking debuffs with shadow novas, while not leaving blazes anywhere near the raid. Thats where additional stamina gear comes in handy.

DPSing warlocks:
Depending on your group, you might want to keep your imp out for increased chance of (mage) survival.
As you will be threat capped in P1, no matter who does first, anyway.
Tranq totem also comes in handy over the first minute of the fight, at roughly 60% of the boss HP you should make use of your shatter.

M'uru:
There are various tactics and assignments for warlocks on M'uru, but I'll just give a few words of advice.

When using Omen and seeding Void Spawns, make use of the AoE mode Omen offers.
You will quickly see when and how heavy you can nuke them.
Also make sure to not have SoC on a dieing Sentinel, there is a common bug that will make the explosion hit the newly spawned spawns.
When a sentinel is about to die there shouldn't be any SoC going off.

DPSing Sentinels needs to be done with pinpoint knowledge and oversight or you will quickly end up killing yourself.
Usually a Sentinel does a void blast 12-15 seconds after spawning - when using a tanking and spell-reflecting warrior that is the point where you can go all out usually.
Before that, get used to your own threat values.
You don't SB when the tank has 2k threat and its dragging the mob.
You don't touch when he barely even hit it.
And you don't overaggro during a void blast cast.

Enslaving void spawns for DPS is a good benefit, BUT make sure to control them properly.
- Volleys into humanoids or sheeps are nothing you want to do.
When using a spawn in P2, thats a good DPS gain, BUT
- If you die they will be loose and quickly slaughter your raid.
If you want to use Spawns in P2, enslave them on the 2nd last Sentinel and have them help aoe down the last set.

When would you want to use Shatters and CDs?
Depending on how quick you can finish P1.
If your P1 takes 7 minutes, you will have a margin for error within the first 2-3 minutes to shatter.
If your tanks threat in P2 is naturally low, you might want to save it for then.

Time your cooldowns to be ready 20 seconds after you reach P2.
You will likely be aoeing spawns or finishing off humanoids till then.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

sig wins :D
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Lateralus wrote:sig wins :D
that is so spot on :D
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

In WOTLK
Curse of Weakness (Rank 9)- 265 mana, reduces attack power by 350 and "increases time between melee and ranged attacks by 20%".
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:In WOTLK
Curse of Weakness (Rank 9)- 265 mana, reduces attack power by 350 and "increases time between melee and ranged attacks by 20%".
that might just mean no reroll for me :p
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Fenz wrote:In WOTLK
damnit, now i need another insta dot for those pesky rogues. bye bye CoA
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

That is autoattack and autoshot btw.
It means, for Enhas and Rogues, about a 8% dps loss overall for Enha/Rogue that minus twenty percent part alone.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

check out the new god damn 51 talent in affliction

CRIPPLE!! ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Cripple
Rank 1
12% Base Mana

Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, pacifying and silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to phycical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 seconds. Only one target can be crippled per time
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:check out the new god damn 51 talent in affliction

Cripple
Rank 1
12% Base Mana

Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, pacifying and silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to phycical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 seconds. Only one target can be crippled per time
Affiction tree o.0, You can duo with my demo lock tho!!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Lateralus wrote:check out the new god damn 51 talent in affliction

Cripple
Rank 1
12% Base Mana

Affiction tree o.0, You can duo with my demo lock tho!!
haha yeah, im gonna be something like this build

http://war-tools.darlinganime.com/index ... 03011302zq

cripple/SL is the name of the game!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

i dont see imp SB in the build you posted late, is it going to get removed?
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Meek wrote:i dont see imp SB in the build you posted late, is it going to get removed?
No. but it will not affect periodic damage anymore. I think they borked they destro tree.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:
Meek wrote:i dont see imp SB in the build you posted late, is it going to get removed?
No. but it will not affect periodic damage anymore. I think they borked they destro tree.
yep