PALADINS

Chit chat
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

SK Gaming interview: Sunwell ( Paladins )

Post by Nerwen »

WI: I've noticed that guilds in Sunwell are continuing to run 4-5 Shaman. You've mentioned before that Nihilum went looking for 5 Shamans for the Brutallus fight as Grounding Totem soaked up a ton of potential damage; why are Shamans so valuable in the rest of the zone?

Shamans grounding a lot of damage on Brutallus was only on the PTR; unfortunately it didn't go live. But overall Shamans excel in Sunwell because of the amount of raid damage that Blizzard is programming into the fights. It's really insane. In some fights you have 2 tank healers and every other healer will be healing the raid. That's just so different from how it was back in the days where you had 14-15 healers on a single tank with the raid taking almost no damage.

Priests also shine in Sunwell -- Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending are insane (nerf!), but they don't bring buffs or Bloodlust/Heroism. And with the very tight tuning in Sunwell, totem buffs are very valuable. The same (but a bit less) is true for Druids; excellent Sunwell healers but no buffs. Paladins are the healers who really get left behind. They were the kings of healing in early Burning Crusade, but the most efficient way to use them in Sunwell is quite sadly having them outside of the raid buffing people.

P.S NO Comment
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Yeah, but they're also the people that couldn't do the math behind Enhancement and buffing.
Also Neg's a bit of an opinionated twit if you look at his wow-eu forum posts.
Pharao
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Pharao »

Well to be fair 5 shamans is about the same as one Pharoa!
Me > you
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

sneek wrote:Yeah, but they're also the people that couldn't do the math behind Enhancement and buffing.
Also Neg's a bit of an opinionated twit if you look at his wow-eu forum posts.
who ?
Phil
"Klinge der Horde"

Post by Phil »

@ Nerwen: http://wowwebstats.com/fn2fujvn3ljru?s=3227-3544

Check SK's healing on their best Brutallus performance. It helps to not always be too pessimistic but rather improve personal performance.

No shit that Shamans and CoH (!!) Priests excel compared to Druids and Pallies in an instance which is focused on raidwide damage (a lot).
Nerwen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Nerwen »

I am not even going to bather to answer u it seems that u have no idead what I am talking about

P.S I don't like your attitude about others performances (take care of yours first )
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Nerwen wrote:I am not even going to bather to answer u it seems that u have no idead what I am talking about
Then explain why you take one person's opinion as gospel? What do you dislike about pallies, that they get outhealed?
P.S I don't like your attitude about others performances (take care of yours first )
Pretty sure he does.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

Like shamans it seems SWP pally's are stacking haste.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

haste means juggling a lot of different ranks though, and you go oom much faster cause of the giving up of crit .. personally I dont like it :)
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Yaur
Champion
Champion

Post by Yaur »

sudo wrote:haste means juggling a lot of different ranks though, and you go oom much faster cause of the giving up of crit .. personally I dont like it :)
I guess thats why people bring mana potions to the raids.
Ofc you should try to find a nice balance between stats, but haste is one of the more powerfull stats out there at the moment.
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

yea but if you go oom quicker than your mana pot timer refreshes due to your railgun speed heals, that kinda sucks :]
Paladin is man or woman with holy light, liek angel from god paladin hold up holy light so you see in dark and not be scared. You CANT play naughty paladin coz it not fit with paladin holy light ok?
Versus
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Versus »

Potions are the devil!
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

Versus wrote:Potions are the devil!
railguns too!
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
sudo
Guild hopper

Post by sudo »

quake 1 > quake 2 anyway
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

sudo wrote:quake 3 > quake 1 > quake 2 anyway
fixed
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!