WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

why bake in focus with silence. focus can be used for so much more :p fear, cot etc :D
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Fenz wrote:
Kingeling wrote:...
Give yours then, geez!1 I think mine does the same as Late.
Oh you think I'M at home ;)
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

/cast [harm] Spell Lock
/cast [help] Devour Magic
/cast Seduction
/cast Sacrifice
/cast Intercept

I have this in a macro
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Nooki
Herr Emo

Post by Nooki »

Fenz wrote:I'm gonna make you squeal like a pig.
this makes me sad u wrote pig and not schwein :(
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

my god that's a lot of statistics...

Bedorven / Tamir / Djawa / Zwelgje
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Kingeling wrote:
my god that's a lot of statistics...
Yeah but pretty good to play around with.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I play a warlock, I have been a gladiator for 2 seasons, and yesterday people I have played with for a year asked me to leave their teams because they felt they were better off without me.

I 2v2ed with a druid, who now wishes to play with a warrior instead, simply because in the straight warlock/druid vs warrior/druid match up, we can play perfectly and still lose to a string of mace stuns or lucky crits/CC resists, on the other hand we cannot rely on luck to win the game for us eventually. He did, thankfully have the manners to leave me the team, and hopefully 2350 is still enough to get gladiator by the end of the season.

In 3v3, for 6 months I've played Warlock/Druid/Warrior. We finished season 2, just over 2300, started season 3 brightly, reaching top 3, but then the double melee bandwagon arrived. Anyone who plays high end arena will tell you that warrior/druid/warlock is simply so easy for druid/rogue/warrior and the other variants. All they do is sit on me all game and I cannot get away, they will out damage us massively and we will lose the mana war. The sheer simplicity of their strategy which requires next to no coordination is what annoys me.

In 5v5, here I am guilty of jumping on the bandwagon too, I played warlock/warrior/shaman/paladin/priest during S2 (2346) but after meeting a lot of warlock/mage/priest/druid/rogue (Eurocomp) teams that tore us apart we made one ourselves and enjoyed reasonable success (top ten, 2290 max rating). Again recently though we've met so, so many, triple melee teams that just shut us down too badly, while being focused I take huge damage, and contribute little to the fight. My team have now replaced me with a hunter and are back up in the top 10, the aoe trap combined with the entrapment talent and mail armor on the hunter makes the team less vulnerable to melee zerg teams.

Just to quote some of the conversations I've had:

"You're the best warlock I've ever played with, but I'm sorry, you being their is just a weakness in the team, we're going to have to replace you."

My warrior raging on vent after 3v3: "For %@*@'s sake, there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING we can do about that, %@*@s sake lets just run double melee too"

So, long story short, I hate being zerged down by melee, it requires so little skill compared to actually having to coordinate interupts/CC and time a proper nuke. Melees have outscaled casters massively, (resilience cap, improved weapons, armor penetration). When multiple melees are on me it's very difficult to shake them, as even if my teammates CC one (next to no chance of me doing anything but instants) the other while snare me and I still can't get away.

If anyone wants a warlock for their teams hordeside can transfer send a mail to this character, I'm lvling it up a bit atm, looking for teams in the 2100+ area.
Jump in!
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

damn....sad story :(

Still it seems very hard to me to balance all the class perks, talent builds, pvp gear and pve gear... it's bound to end up unbalanced somewhere..
This is just the next inbalance they found, and many will follow (maybe caused by fixing other inbalances).
Personally I'm staying away from arena's atm.

Bedorven / Tamir / Djawa / Zwelgje
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Well, it is a point of note that Warlocks are the only really nice target for Cleave teams.
And tbh, I do not think that Cleave's easy just by personal experience. It feels to me that it's excessively long duration fights that are really boring and simply the cleave team hinges on the possibility that your opponents fails to press all their buttons at the correct time.

Then again, we've never rolled with the Nerd Stomper layout. I'm pretty sure that having a stunlocking/supersnaring/mindnumbing Rogue on a loose Mage or Shaman'll definately make a huge impact on Cleave's success.
Actually when you watch the Nerd Stomper video, notice how they didn't include a fight against a team with a Hunter in it. Also notice how often they're dangerously close to losing.

Also the Hunter that replaced that Warlock? -An absolute and complete counter against "Double Melee" and "Cleave" teams.
As a Cleave team it's basically a default loss against a Hunter and their Frost Trap trap (Entrapment is a nice bonus), provided the opposing team knowns the power of a HolyDin's BOF and escaping through the Frost trap.

You'd be idiotic not to take a Hunter in.
Having said that, I've seen a couple of teams fielding a Hunter+Warlock regardless (same classes, some players are subbed).

Anyway, this is how Arena works really :P
If you want to fly esoteric layouts (as in; play with friends) and/or have ethical problems with queue-dodging against absolute countercomps; expect to have a shit rating.
TheWarriorKing
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by TheWarriorKing »

Warlocks need a massive buff in large scale pvp imo.That being said,curse of tongues and their "1v1 durability"needs to be nerfed to shit,to the point I'm thinking cot should be unsuable on pvp,because it is game breaking.

For example a warlock/rogue team with lock going double void in 2v2 can tank a warrior without a heal for about 5-6 times as much as the time he needs to kill him,but on large scale pvp gets slain in a matter of seconds ,which needs to change.