Warlord

Post by Mol »

This thread is too long, it must end!
Mol Qaeda - The Terrorist Troll
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Mol wrote:This thread is too long, it must end!
Second most viewed thread on the forums, we should be able to make #1. :)
Jump in!
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Wanna bet? :twisted:
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Is it locked
Mol
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Mol »

Then why can we post?
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Don't no but xen claim it is :>
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I guess it's been unlocked. So let's continue again. :)

I was reading the warlock bug thread, and came up with this gem:
http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread. ... =53651&P=1
Bug Talent:Soul Link w/Gnomish Mind Control
Description: It's possible to use an MC hat to control a player/demon, and then Soul Link that player/demon. While funny, (:D) this also makes the Warlock basically invulnerable until that person/mob leaves the game.
Anyone tried this yet? :twisted:
(before MC just duel someone and leech off of him)
Almost makes me respec in SL & engineering..
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... post715135
Nice comprehensive overview of our abilities, has some slight errors though.

Another DP love thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 728545&P=3
With an informative post about DS(VW) vs DP:
Basically, the math works out like this. If you keep the imp out of combat, and never let him top off completely, he'll regenerate about 3000 mana per minute. To tap that much, you need to cast Dark Pact 12 times, which will take you approximately 20 seconds. Compared to straight shadowbolt spam, you lose 35% effective dps.

On the other hand, if you use Improved Life Tap, you'll need to hit it 6 times to regenerate 3000 mana, and you'll spend 2400 hitpoints doing it. In order to regen 2400 hitpoints in one minute with VW sac, you need to have 5300hp. It will also take about 10 seconds, cutting shadowbolt spam DPS by ~17%.

Here's the key part: Dark Pact works equally well regardless of your equipment, it only depends on player's skill in managing it.

Therefore, a Dark Pact warlock can completely ignore not just mana pool, but HP pool as well, and get stupidly high +dmg total without going full-purple. In addition, a DS warlock loses either Bane (17% Shadowbolt DPS), or Shadow Mastery (10% overall damage). Now, look up the number above - you lose 17% DPS, and another 10-17% DPS, and in the end, you get the same number - WHILE you have to match or exceed a Dark Pact warlock's +damage outfit.

Now, let's look at actual, rather than theoretical DPS. 3000 mana will last through 8 shadowbolts, which will take 24 seconds to cast without Bane, and 20 seconds with it. Therefore, in order to maintain sustained DPS, you can't really cast more than 40 seconds out of 60. With Dark Pact and Bane, I can Dark Pact for 20 seconds, Shadowbolt for 20 seconds, and then I have 20 seconds free. A DS/void warlock will have half the minute free, which is an advantage. However, without cutting into your mana pool, you can't really do much in those 20-30 seconds. With +500 in damage gear, Siphon Life will drain 75/tick, which comes out to 1500hp a minute, equalling about 2k mana, for the cost of 6 instant casts. 730 of that mana will be used for Siphon Lifes themselves, leaving you with a net balance of 1300. This can be used to curse, corrupt, and cause other general nastiness in the 10 seconds that you are left with.

Bottom line, if you can achieve +600 damage while maintaining 5.5k buffed HP, then 30/21/0 or 7/21/21 is the way to go. If you're wearing pre-raid gear, and struggle to reach +400-500 with a mixture of blues and greens, while watching your HP drop to a mage's level, then Dark Pact is your answer. You can reach the HP required to make DS work in the same way as Dark Pact with blues and greens too, of course, but your damage and mana-efficiency will take a huge dive, because you won't be able to climb above +100-150 damage, if that much, without sacrificing HP that you need for DS/void to work.

Now, not everyone likes to be 3k-hp-fragile. However, there's nothing stopping you from carrying several sets of gear, and using a mod such as Wardrobe to swap them with a single click. In stat-gear, you'll function approximately the same as a DS warlock, but you're also maintaining the option of going all-out on +dmg, without losing effectiveness.
But as we all know, the best thing from DP is that it lets you use the famous "spi buff pet, plz" with actual reason. :twisted:
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Kralnor posted:
Warlock staff users
I dont like to stress the fact that the warlock rocks, but he jus does. So, for all you staff users out there, feel free to come in and post, my staff is a good one, but here is how it goes

1. post message in the room

2. LOOK IT OVER

3. dont report anything, i might get in trouble :)

and 4. Have fun!!!
Jump in!
Mycavycos
General
General

Post by Mycavycos »

NERF WARLOCKS!!!!!!
Nezguhl
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Nezguhl »

Mycavycos wrote:NERF WARLOCKS!!!!!!
NERF OVERHEALERS
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Nezguhl wrote:
NERF OVERHEALERS
can like non warlocks stop envy our sweet little hangoutplace and create one of their own?

so jelaous its frikkin sceary
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Kralnor wrote:I dont like to stress the fact that the warlock rocks, but he jus does.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

The famous BS anti-fear trinket. I never looked it up, and I don't think anyone ever used it against me, but dang, this is nasty.. :shock:
Glimmering Mithril Insignia
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Blacksmithing (225)
Use: Increases armor by 50, all resistances by 10 and grants immunity to fear for 30 sec.
"Courage, Honor, and above all, Patience"
cooldown: 10 mins
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I finally came around to testing this in a duel, but if you cast Curse of Recklessness on someone he ignores Fear effects applied afterwards. This makes Warlocks the only class able to grief his fellow teammates (cast it on all opponents in AV ftw - even boosts attack power by quite alot). :twisted:
Jump in!