WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Gonna do that today after work :? Also need a bit of time to fix my addons before my AV runs 8)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

I couldn't resist it. I played one AB this morning.

1) My fireballs do much more damage.
2) The felguard is OMFG IMBA. I had NO chance at all.

Very big gratz on that talent locks. (at least for PVP that is)
Pay no attention to that man behind the Kororo! (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php)
Passadig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Passadig »

Soo i will get home from work at 17.00 and still dont know what to do. :? Pls help me out.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
or
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kororo remember if u spec fire u will have to deal with my new ability.. not imba at all btw:

Nether Protection :
After being hit with a shadow or fire spell, you have a 30% chance to become immune to shadow and fire spells for 4 sec.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

passa wrote: all that things u wrote
id go for affliction :)

but both those builds are good and u will do more than decent raid dps with witchever of them and u will also be able to grind like a god so its just a matter of liking

personally i really like destro atm :)
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

Lateralus wrote:Kororo remember if u spec fire u will have to deal with my new ability.. not imba at all btw:

Nether Protection :
After being hit with a shadow or fire spell, you have a 30% chance to become immune to shadow and fire spells for 4 sec.
OMG nooo. Now the locks scare the big jezus out of me.

Looking for a lock to create a TEAM to OWN the arena!!
Pay no attention to that man behind the Kororo! (http://thesurrealist.co.uk/movie.php)
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Kororo wrote:
Lateralus wrote:Kororo remember if u spec fire u will have to deal with my new ability.. not imba at all btw:

Nether Protection :

take me :D
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
Kororo wrote:

Nether Protection :

take me :D
FG locks are win in there 8) but a healer would be even more win :lol:
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Kororo
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Kororo »

Great so i have a team:

Lateralus
Fenz
Kororo
a Priest (Lillstrumpan, elak ??)
Random
Zhathakk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Zhathakk »

Wee must say the Afflic build is wicked...
Dark Pact giving over 1k mana back :twisted:

Just did a quick test farm run on the Giants in Winterspring and it was fun fun... cant wait to test it more on diff locations... =)

Will be fun to see how good the build is in the Raid tonight...
Smooglab
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Post by Smooglab »

Your team has no warrior? You need one!

"Pick me, pick me!"
Level 70 Troll Warrior.
Morlog
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Morlog »

why would the want a warrior? apart from applying a -50% healing debuff warriors are a joke in this patch it might even out at 70 with gear once again but for now just bend over and grab your ankles smoog and for the love of god remember to lube up, since no arena team will want a warrior(why would they?) so well have to form an all warrior team and get raped ever so often and in a few years be able to buy the first piece of gladiator gear
Disenchants into: 1 Brilliant Mind
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

damn warriors are cranky!!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewt ... 6056#16056

Warlock

Credits: Morthoul of Blackhand

At several points I mention "Garguk's macros", and making 2.0 versions of them. These are macros from the old forums, preserved in the forum sticky here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1195&sid=1

Trying out 2.0 versions of these macros, and sharing them here, should help the maintainer of that thread update it faster.

Here are some macros from the thread, from various posters:

GENERAL WARLOCK MACROS

* A standard "castsequence" macro, which you press repeatedly to cast multiple spells, one after another, in sequence. This one also makes sure your pet is attacking the target; useful to take some of the finger-work out of grinding. You'll want to fine-tune the sequence depending on your level, spec, and the mobs you're fighting:

Quote:
/petattack
/castsequence reset=combat/target Corruption, Curse of Agony, Life Tap, Drain Life, Shoot

* If you want to cram even more functionality into that grinding button, here's the above macro, plus the feature that if you hold Alt while pressing it, it will cast Drain Soul instead:

Quote:
/petattack [nomodifier:alt]
/castsequence [nomodifier:alt] reset=target/combat Corruption, Curse of Agony, Life Tap, Drain Life, Shoot
/cast [modifier:alt] Drain Soul

* Announce your summon to /raid or /party, e.g.
"Summoning Morthoul to << Durotar >>. Please assist."

Quote:
/script local C; if(GetNumRaidMembers()==0) then C = "PARTY" else C = "RAID" end SendChatMessage("Summoning %t to << "..GetMinimapZoneText().." >>. Please assist.", C)
/cast Ritual of Summoning

* Banish your current target, and make it your "focus":

Quote:
/focus
/cast Banish

* Banish your focus. You use this when banish breaks. You don't have to target anything special, and the macro won't even mess with your targetting. It just casts banish on the mob you selected with the previous macro:

Quote:
/cast [target=focus] Banish

MULTI-SPELL / TRINKET MACROS

Some special spells can be cast immediately before other spells, all in one press of a button. Trinkets also can be activated this way. When it comes to these macros, there are tons of "variations on a theme". Here are 3 examples, and then an explanation of how to make your own multi-spell macros.

* Amplify Curse + Curse of Exhaustion :) Also good for Curse of Agony.

Quote:
/cast Amplify Curse
/stopcasting
/cast Curse of Exhaustion

* Blood Fury + ZHC + Shadow Bolt, for Orc warlocks.

Quote:
/cast Blood Fury
/stopcasting
/use Zandalarian Hero Charm
/cast Shadow Bolt

* If you have 2 trinkets, or even more trinkets that you swap on and off by their cooldowns, you might want a macro that just tries to activate whatever's in your trinket slots:

Quote:
/use 13 # top trinket
/use 14 # bottom trinket
/cast Corruption

(Unfortunately, this hits you with red spam when any of the trinkets aren't cooled down. You can insert "/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()" at the top to remove this, but it will remove ALL red spam from the game until you reload the UI, and it won't suppress the annoying failure sounds either. I don't recommend doing this, and have mentioned it only because I've seen many people attempting it in macros lately.)

Making Your Own Multi-Spell Macros:

The macro ends with a spell that produces global cooldown. This is almost all spells! You can only end a macro once ;) so you can only cast one of these "normal" spells in it. Everything preceeding must be special spells and abilities that don't produce global cooldown. Remember, only special spells like Amplify Curse, Fel Domination, and the Blood Fury racial don't have global cooldown. To make these macros:

1. String a bunch of /cast and /use commands, one after another.
2. You need /stopcasting after every /cast that doesn't generate global cooldown. The macro system by default doesn't understand that some spells don't generate global cooldown, and must be told in this manner.
3. You do not need /stopcasting after /use commands. Many people insert it anyway, but it is pointless and wastes space.
4. You may /use items by name, or by their slot number. I recommend using them by name, as then the macro will work no matter which slot you put a trinket in. But if you specifically want to use something like "whatever's in my top trinket slot", then use the number.

PET CONTROL

Macros can be very helpful in cramming more pet functionality into fewer keys and buttons. A nice thing about these macros is that your pet has a separate global cooldown from your warlock, so you can perform a /cast both for yourself and your pet at the same time, at once.

* Make your Felhunter dispel you. This macro will not interfear with your target selection at all. A new feature in the 2.0 macros is the ability to specify targets on a cast-by-cast basis, without having to select something as your target to cast spells at it. Very convenient!

Quote:
/cast [target=player] Devour Magic

* For Seduction, here's a 2.0 version combining 2 of Garguk's macros. Pressing this while holding down Alt will have your succubus acquire a target and seduce it, while you cast Curse of Shadow. When Seduction breaks, just press the macro again without Alt. This will make your succubus cast Seduction on her current target. She remembers the target separately from your warlock's target, so you do not need to retarget the mob to get Seduction going back ASAP; just press the button. In order for it to work, you have to avoid accidentally clearing your succubus' target once you've given her one with the Alt cast. (Pulling her back by clicking Passive will clear her target, etc.)

Quote:
/stopmacro [nopet:succubus]
/cast [target=pettarget,nomodifier:alt] Seduction
/stopmacro [nomodifier:alt]
/p Seducing %t - Don't attack the mob with the hearts! <3 <3
/petattack
/cast Seduction
/cast Curse of Shadow

* Sacrifice your VW. (If your VW isn't out, it will summon one, using Fel Domination if it's available. After the summon completes, you push the macro again to Sacrifice.) If you'd like the macro to immedately summon another VW after the Sacrifice, just delete the second line:

Quote:
/cast [pet:voidwalker] Sacrifice
/stopmacro [pet:voidwalker]
/cast Fel Domination
/stopcasting
/cast Summon Voidwalker

* Dark Pact if you have an Imp out, Life Tap if you don't have an Imp out.
(Prevents draining alternative pets from mana required for abilities (ie. Seduce, Spell Lock, Devour Magic.)

Quote:
/cast [pet:imp] Dark Pact; Life Tap

* You can make multi-purpose pet action macros that vary depending on which pet you have out. Here's 1 example, but you can do this basically any way you like.

Quote:
/cast [pet:imp] Fire Shield
/cast [pet:succubus] Seduction
/cast [pet:felhunter] Devour Magic
/cast [pet:felguard] Intercept

* Here's another way to write the multi-purpose pet action thing above. This way saves space.

Quote:
/cast [pet:imp] Fire Shield; [pet:succubus] Seduction; [pet:felhunter] Devour Magic; [pet:felguard] Intercept

* Machder of Kil'jaeden has an advanced version of these "different actions depending on which pet is out" macros here, mimicking functionality from the Servitude addon:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &sid=1#109

* Mount or dismount, and make sure your pet is invisible if you're mounting. (You replace your mount button with this macro.) Useful for Dark Pact grinding builds, where you may want to take invis off auto-cast to conserve mana.

Quote:
/cast Summon Felsteed
/stopmacro [mounted]
/cast [pet:succubus] Lesser Invisibility; [pet:imp] Phase Shift

Last edited by Noggyh on Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

im currently on this one just to test it a bit;

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0513531351
Last edited by Meek on 12 Dec 2006, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.