SHAMAN HEAVEN

Chit chat
Sinarion
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Post by Sinarion »

Dont know if this is old...

Lightning Bolt is a staple damage spell for an elemental shaman. The recent change to Elemental Focus made elemental shamans problem with running out of mana quickly significantly more manageable. Now all of our crits will give us a free cast of our next spell. This means that we should focus on crit as a stat significantly more than we used to (in fact, spell crit is probably more important than mp5 or int now). Anyway, the upshot of all this is threefold:
1) If you have time (depends on range to target), try to use max-rank Chain Lightning as your "free" dps spell.
2) When you go out of mana, don't just stand there! Cast rank 1 Lightning Bolt (0.5s cast time) And when it procs a free spell, cast your biggest damage spell. With 25% crit rate, we get to cast a big damage spell for free every couple of seconds on average. (and this big spell can also crit :)
3) In addition to the above, note that we have a quest reward green totem that reduces the mana cost to cast lightning bolt by 15. The cost of Rank 1 Lightning Bolt is... 15! This means that the spell that we plan on spamming every 0.5s is free to cast and the big spell that we cast on a crit is ALSO free to cast. The reason this is so relevant is that FREE SPELLS DO NOT TRIGGER THE 5-SECOND RULE. This means when doing the "cast rank 1 LB until crit, then cast biggest spell", we are regenerating our mana as if we are out of combat! (Note: if you have Elemental Mastery, the same thing applies here.) Finally, paladins have (EDIT!) Seal of Wisdom (judgement) that helps us regenerate mana every time we do damage to a target. Rank 1 LB works fine for proccing this bonus! (This is an extra 74 mana every .5 of a second, while outside the 5 second rule!)
Cuming soon in a bed near you!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Haven't tried this but I do believe there is a tiny snag to this.

From what I've noticed only instant-cast spells that are mana free do not interrupt spirit based regeneration for 5 secs.
It's really tedious doing the rank-1 spam too.
Somehow I think you'll do better downranking a bit from the get-go or being in a group wiht a shadowpriest.
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Doesn't that totem scale down aswell, depending on the rank of the LB cast? I know the idol from naxx did that for HT atleast.
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Not yet. Rank 1 definately is manafree at the moment.
But sincerely doubt the usefulness of this simply because of the new mechanics behind Elemental Focus.

You get the EF buff only when a bolt crits - and a bolt has traveltime.
So by the time your first bolt crits you'll probably already be casting your second one which has an uncontrollably low casttime of 0.5s.
Jhorar
Master Chef

Post by Jhorar »

Well, when I cast wrath I get the -cast time buff before the bolt actually hits so I can control it if I want a SF afterwards. This also mean that I know that I will get a crit before I see the actual damage done. :P
Might be different for shamans tho. Just going from own experiences. :>
Anna Navarre: You're wearing sunglasses on a night operation?
JC Denton: My vision is augmented.
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Shamans still pretty dead in all senses I see :(
Complicating is the true path to simplicity.
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

flame wrote:Shamans still pretty dead in all senses I see :(
not entirely true flame. resto shamans are really good for heroic 5 instances. but we still lack any form of aggro control, whatever spec you are. and shamans are outclassed atm in pvp we used to beat a lot of classes that has changed at 70 (that is my experience at least)

wait...let me get back at your phrase...yeah shamans are still pretty dead in all senses but i still like to play them :D
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Toenibbler wrote:
flame wrote:Shamans still pretty dead in all senses I see :(
not entirely true flame. resto shamans are really good for heroic 5 instances. but we still lack any form of aggro control, whatever spec you are. and shamans are outclassed atm in pvp we used to beat a lot of classes that has changed at 70 (that is my experience at least)

wait...let me get back at your phrase...yeah shamans are still pretty dead in all senses but i still like to play them :D
me too :(
Seimor
General
General

Post by Seimor »

Yup but this game is and have always been a crapy game for solo pvping :/ Have never liked my shaman so much as im doing now tbh im having much more fun when raiding suppose its because you got more responsiblity shit dunno how to spell that :P now then back in 40 man.. And im starting to enjoy pvp healing aswell (yeah had a hard time leaving elemental :P) Still need some fixes in all trees and i guess we just need to wait out some time pretty sure it will come!
nu ska vi testa om det går att åka segway på kullersten.
nej.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Seimor wrote:Yup but this game is and have always been a crapy game for solo pvping :/ Have never liked my shaman so much as im doing now tbh im having much more fun when raiding suppose its because you got more responsiblity shit dunno how to spell that :P now then back in 40 man.. And im starting to enjoy pvp healing aswell (yeah had a hard time leaving elemental :P) Still need some fixes in all trees and i guess we just need to wait out some time pretty sure it will come!
pvp with your warlock and pve with your shammy!! all good ;)
flame
El Complicatore

Post by flame »

Seimor wrote:Yup but this game is and have always been a crapy game for solo pvping :/ Have never liked my shaman so much as im doing now tbh im having much more fun when raiding suppose its because you got more responsiblity shit dunno how to spell that :P now then back in 40 man.. And im starting to enjoy pvp healing aswell (yeah had a hard time leaving elemental :P) Still need some fixes in all trees and i guess we just need to wait out some time pretty sure it will come!
PVP used to be pretty decente, just not anymore.
Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

flame wrote:
PVP used to be pretty decente, just not anymore.
i remember you used to stand near frostwolf graveyard and bolting anything that came near, aaaa the good old days
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Our new raid color is going to be blue.
Deep deep blue.
Soothing blue.
Mana blue.

Toenibbler
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Toenibbler »

sneek wrote:Our new raid color is going to be blue.
Deep deep blue.
Soothing blue.
Mana blue.

nice color :D
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.