WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
Gupim wrote:Meek? think you can be kind and spec imp imp for todays patchwerk?
Ill be happy to help you with some gold if that is a problem.
Think your spec will suffer the least from moving 3points at that encounter if you still have 19/0/32
I
HAVE
IMP
IMP
DS
RUIN
Forthefucksake
Does anybody know if Lateralus has improved imp? Anybody??
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
Gupim
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gupim »

Lateralus wrote:
Gupim wrote:Meek? think you can be kind and spec imp imp for todays patchwerk?
Ill be happy to help you with some gold if that is a problem.
Think your spec will suffer the least from moving 3points at that encounter if you still have 19/0/32
I
HAVE
IMP
IMP
DS
RUIN
Forthefucksake
I
THOUGHT
YOU
WOULD
TO
SACC
THE
SUCCY
TO
GET
15%
MORE
DAMAGE
FORfAcKzaKE
"go all out, i wont lose aggro"
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

yeah i said that in the other thread that i could respec for that reason.
but since u guys cant kiss and make up your mind i wont do anything unless u get along :D
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Like War Stomp, shadowfury no longer has a global cooldown. So, while it looks like a nerf that it gained a .5 sec cast time, this allows you to shadowfury, and follow it up with something like a howl of terror.

Previously, it was instant cast but had the normal 1.5 sec global cooldown, which made it too difficult to successfully follow it up with another spell (you'd only have .5 sec before the stun wore off), and we weren't willing to make the stun duration longer (AE stuns are treated with the utmost caution).
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4&pageNo=2
Last edited by Fenz on 03 Oct 2006, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:

Code: Select all

[color=blue]Like War Stomp, shadowfury no longer has a global cooldown. So, while it looks like a nerf that it gained a .5 sec cast time, this allows you to shadowfury, and follow it up with something like a howl of terror. 

Previously, it was instant cast but had the normal 1.5 sec global cooldown, which made it too difficult to successfully follow it up with another spell (you'd only have .5 sec before the stun wore off), and we weren't willing to make the stun duration longer (AE stuns are treated with the utmost caution).[/color] [quote]

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=29464054&pageNo=2[/quote]
NOOBQUOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:

[color=blue]Like War Stomp, shadowfury no longer has a global cooldown. So, while it looks like a nerf that it gained a .5 sec cast time, this allows you to shadowfury, and follow it up with something like a howl of terror. 

Previously, it was instant cast but had the normal 1.5 sec global cooldown, which made it too difficult to successfully follow it up with another spell (you'd only have .5 sec before the stun wore off), and we weren't willing to make the stun duration longer (AE stuns are treated with the utmost caution).[/color] [quote]

NOOBQUOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed!1!11
azathoth
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by azathoth »

Fenz wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:

NOOBQUOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed!1!11
concentrate on raid ruiner !1
<Super_Hassel> Hmm satt o runka med stängda ögon. Sen när jag öppna dom så stog det en bricka med oboy och mackor framför datorn :s
azathoth
Blood Guard
Blood Guard

Post by azathoth »

azathoth wrote:
Fenz wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:

&#91;color=blue&#93;Like War Stomp, shadowfury no longer has a global cooldown. So, while it looks like a nerf that it gained a .5 sec cast time, this allows you to shadowfury, and follow it up with something like a howl of terror. 

Previously, it was instant cast but had the normal 1.5 sec global cooldown, which made it too difficult to successfully follow it up with another spell &#40;you'd only have .5 sec before the stun wore off&#41;, and we weren't willing to make the stun duration longer &#40;AE stuns are treated with the utmost caution&#41;.&#91;/color&#93; &#91;quote&#93;

http&#58;//forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=29464054&pageNo=2&#91;/quote&#93;
NOOBQUOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fixed!1!11
concentrate on raid ruiner !1

oh youre not in it
maybe its me who should concentrate :S
<Super_Hassel> Hmm satt o runka med stängda ögon. Sen när jag öppna dom så stog det en bricka med oboy och mackor framför datorn :s
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Wow, check out Backlash in the Destruction tree.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/under ... .html#none
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:Wow, check out Backlash in the Destruction tree.

ohdeargod.
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Lateralus wrote:
Fenz wrote:Wow, check out Backlash in the Destruction tree.

ohdeargod.
Seriously considering a Destr, spec now 8) ..alltho...

With the right talents (and pet) I get 18% to all damage in Demo and a sweet pet.
Meek
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Meek »

sweeeeeeeeeet!
Strike first. Strike hard. Cobra Kai!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Q u o t e:
So, I had this fairly long post about how the mages keep getting their questions answered (by Kalgan) and that we have no such Blue representing us. And I made a plee for someone to come answer our questions and after about 15 minutes of writing the post, it turns out the forums had logged me out, and after requesting I login my post was missing. So here I go trying to ask them again:

1. Why was Lasting Afflictions removed? Its was a very nice boost to the Affliction Warlocks repertoire and I'm just curious as to why the Devs felt it needed to be removed.

2. What is the role of the Fel Guard? Will he replace any current pet or simply be a "do everything" pet? Will he be a viable and useful pet in raids? Will there be a Demonic Sacrifice added for the Fel Guard?

3. Can you tell us more about how pets will scale with gear? Is the scale perhaps a percentage of certain stats, like stam, int, and +dmg?

4. How will the new Crit Rating and Resilience system work? How will talents that increase Crit chance and bonus damage be affected by this?

5. With the changes to the Crit system, will there be any other game mechanics altered that we should know about, like resists?

6. How do the devs feel the new Destruction tree and the addition of Incinerate will affect Shadowbolt? It seems that some of the higher talents in the Destruction tree affect Shadowbolt, yet incinerate is arguably more powerful than shadowbolt with those talents. The only point I can see using shadowbolt at that point is against enemies with high fire resists.

7. Why do the Devs insist on keeping the Improved Firestone talent? I understand that firestone can be useful somewhat when leveling up, but at level 60 there are much, much better items to use in its place. It just seems to me that it would be a waste of talents and I doubt very many warlock use it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. After considerable testing, we found that it was one compounding factor too many. Affliction build damage and efficiency was too far beyond the balance point we were trying to achieve. Sometimes we go too far. =[

2. I suppose you can think of the Fel Guard as a replacement to the Voidwalker (for the most part). We've given him the key tools the voidwalker, and more. As one would expect, his damage is also pretty impressive with the new pet scaling.

3. Yes, the pets scale as a percentage of key warlock stats (like the ones you mention).

4. Resilience decreases your chance to be crit, and reduces the amount of damage crits do to you (both effects apply to spell and melee crits). Talents that affect crit chance still do what they always did, they increase your crit %.

5. Resists haven't been changed.

6. Incinerate is intended to be a viable fire alternative to Shadowbolt in terms of dps and efficiency. We're ok with it if one turns out a bit stronger than the other if you're specce'd more in one direction than the other.

7. Yes, Improved Firestone needs help. It hasn't been a high-priority issue though, if you don't like the talent, don't spend points on it.

-----

Q u o t e:
Thanks for the update Kalgan. One thing though, why was the cast time added to UA?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was too much of a disparity between cast time requirements for affliction warlocks versus destruction warlocks. So, although affliction locks still have far less of a stand-still requirement relative to destruction locks, increasing the UA cast time and adding the backlash talent to destruction helps reduce the discrepancy somewhat.

In addition, we felt that UA's side-effect was strong enough that without a cast time an affliction lock could too easily keep an enemy team peppered with UA's with little risk to themselves.

The above were contributing to a trend we were seeing in our alpha test toward mostly affliction locks(particularly for pvp).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 3104&sid=1
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Fenz wrote:all the stuff fenz quotet/posted :)

I knew that that damn ubernew pet of ours would be a replacement to void.. if he can tank in instances tho it will rock but i doubt it. Why would u then need warriors in 5man ? :) (indeed why do u lol would rock if u didnt NEED em because doing 5man is always dependant on a warrior )

Dont like that a firespell will be better than shadowbolt @ lvl 70 if i go destru but i guess i can get used to it. Then its (tho it allready is in some ways) destro = fire affliction = shadow demo = shadow id say

Still looking forward to it and as it looks now this is meh :
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0513031351

Might ditch a few points in Backlash or Soul Leech to get imp Demonic Aegis tho (or LT god forbid)
Passadig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Post by Passadig »