Why roll a warlock

Chit chat
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Why roll a warlock

Post by xen »

Now our insane once in a lifetime crits will be nerfed, what's the advantage of warlocks over other classes? As it stands mages can do everything as good or better than us, be it DPS, CC and survivability. In addition we have to farm to pvp.

So I ask, why would I, if I was just starting a character, roll a warlock instead of f.ex. a mage?
Stupidity?
<3

Just had to share it with you all. :)
Jump in!
Kingeling
Champion
Champion

Post by Kingeling »

Having a nice imp around maybe? And I think banish is very nice over being able to lock someone for 3 seconds in a frostnova or a highly unstable polymorph.
But hey, read the class forums on wow.com and noone is satisfied:)
Eienne
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Eienne »

Succubus/felhunter is a nice little addition in PvP that the mage doesn't have, warlocks in general have more health then mages, warlocks also still have a million usefull curses wich mages do not have, personally I still see a million reasons to roll a whorelock over a mage, but that's prolly just me :D

Yes I'm an honor whore!
Flintsmisk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flintsmisk »

I too, see alot of reasons to roll a lock instead of a mage atm.
Good to see youre whining though :D
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Haha, I don't really agree with the quote though, but I thought it was funny. The thread does have an incredibly useful bit in it, and I can't believe I thought of it earlier, wouldve saved me at least 100g.
Q u o t e:
We can kill ourself!
Which saves alotta money in MC and the like. Hellfired myself like 3 times today, I bet they're gonna nerf it to not kill you or make you take a dura hit
:shock:
(the poor man's Vanish/FD so to say)
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

haha hellfire ftw, gonna do that when Skyly tries to imitate me and wipes the raid!
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Actually, now that I think about it, it might actually be a nice way for an aggro reset. :) Not that it is needed in MC, but I read that in BWL only hunters were able to do full DPS, thanks to FD. Not anymore so!
Jump in!
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Priests might want SS on them too tho ;)
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Oh, I hadn't actually thought of SSing myself (was thinking about OOC rezzers), but that's a good idea. :) I mean, we already have eight shammies anyway for rezzes.
Jump in!