WARLOCKS

Chit chat
Fenz
old man

Post by Fenz »

Shadowburn bug:

The bug works like:

Me and a fellow lock are raiding. Mob has ~1500 hp left and we both hit a Shadowburn. The mob gets 2 debuffs named "shadowburn" and each warlock who has controlship over one of these "shadowburns" will receive a shard for each named debuff on the mob when it dies. If there are ten warlocks and each one hits the mobs with shadowburn, it will get 10 debuffs, so each shadowburn yields 10 shards for each lock.
I ain't leaving without your soul and I am sober this time.
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Fenz wrote:Shadowburn bug:

The bug works like:

Me and a fellow lock are raiding. Mob has ~1500 hp left and we both hit a Shadowburn. The mob gets 2 debuffs named "shadowburn" and each warlock who has controlship over one of these "shadowburns" will receive a shard for each named debuff on the mob when it dies. If there are ten warlocks and each one hits the mobs with shadowburn, it will get 10 debuffs, so each shadowburn yields 10 shards for each lock.
Nice :). I thought that the last WL would get all shards though, but haven't tested it. Another bug is that you can get shards back even from grey mobs (as it should be!!) if they die within five seconds from it.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Ok, I've tried some bosses in Maraudon. It's pretty nice, got me ~10g for 4 bosses. Princess and Tinkerer are easy, Vyletongue and Celebras are quite hard, I need to practise some more on them. But it's a fun diversion, and I think runs can be done within 10-15m, so 50g an hour seems attainable.
Jump in!
sneek
The Punisher

Post by sneek »

Unlocked this thread again after performing some clipping of posts.
You know who you are!

This thread's a beacon of the warlock community and I'd like it to grow on.
Without people going nuts on farming posts that is.

Please keep it constructive. Thank you!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

sneek wrote:Unlocked this thread again after performing some clipping of posts.
You know who you are!

This thread's a beacon of the warlock community and I'd like it to grow on.
Without people going nuts on farming posts that is.

Please keep it constructive. Thank you!
Thanks, some deleted posts of Gorlom and Late were on-topic though. :)
Jump in!
Late
Warlord
Warlord

Post by Late »

I would like to extend my disappointment that just because my main is not a Warlock (although I do have a level 37 lock so I do know the basics) you think my contribution to the thread isn't valuable, Sneek :o :x :D

I don't know if you saw my last post on here, Xen, but I said that basically with little abilities like 'Flash Heal', 'Renew' and 'Major Mana Potions' Rotgrip was just about doable. The tradeoff means that with relatively low HP, finite mana, low-DPS in a kiting battle and no pet, it is difficult for a shadow priest to do other bosses that a lock can do :o
'There are two things I can't stand in this world- people who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch'
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Well, I can tell some more about my Maraudon experiences now: Vyletongue is doable now. Enslave one add, put him on Vyletongue + CoD on Vyletongue. Kill the other add, then kill Vyletongue. There are some stairs nearby which are perfect for getting out of LoS (while CoD, corr, siphon + enslaved are damaging him). The fight would be much easier with DS though. Costs one shard. Celebras is still 50% wipe, need to practise him more. Tinkerer is just DPS and Princess big circles. :)

And a warlock facemelt vid:
http://files.filefront.com/TillDeathPvP ... einfo.html
(the glory that vuln bonuses + huge damage gear used to be)
Ok I watched this one. The guy is kinda noob, though with uber equipment. At some point though it shows successively higher SB crit clips, from 3k up to 6k or so (and a 4k *hit*).
Last edited by xen on 13 Jan 2006, 13:13, edited 2 times in total.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Looooool, I gotta try this:
Directions:
1) Buy infernal stone

2) Go outside to a dueling area and wait for someone to lose a duel.

3) Drop infernal on that person's head

4) Laugh as person dies and suffers durability loss.

I've done this to a RL friend, its funny as hell. But it could very easily be abused. Make it so the AE damage caused by the incoming infernal does not affect your own faction.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

Jump in!
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

I read it to page four or so. The author has some nice writing skills though. I've played an alliance WL up to level 30 or so, and it's all very recognizable, since it's just a nice story from all the quests you do there.
Jump in!
xen
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by xen »

It gave me 2 nexus crystals ;)
OMG Fenz, you.. you.. :evil:
Jump in!
Gorlom
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Gorlom »

ok. does anyone have any macro for targeting either your own pet or targeting the mob of your pet?

i feel a need for it on my wl alt.

/target <petname>, /assist <petname>, /target pet and /assist pet did not work.

also tried some script sneek suggested.
Crezax wrote:If you feel you need to write something angry and insulting, write it down in Notepad, save it somewhere and look at it when you get bored.
Lateralus
Dr. Gordon Freeman

Post by Lateralus »

Abbath
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Abbath »

Just a little question.
Is there anyone that have the latest version of necrosis? I acidently deletet my whole addon folder and now i cant find the right version. Realy miss that addon ><
Master of the nebulant frost